Chapter thirty

Oh Allah we've already reached thirty chapters. Thanks a lot you guys for the reads, votes and comments. I really appreciate and love all of them.

     In my mind I'm one popular girl now 🙄😊😏.

    Zarah my babe. This is for you 👅❤.

Recap–

where's hanina?" his voice was edgy and shaking.

     "she's with me. Is everything ok?"

     "no no its not. It's Zury. She slipped and fell from the stairs of her house. Both her and the baby are in danger. Can you bring hanina to the hospital"

       my mouth felt dry and my heart was beating fast "we're on our way"

     I ended the call and looked over to Nina "it's Zury"

   Ayman's POV

     My hands trembled violently on the steering wheel as I stepped on the gas to the hospital.

    My body was shaking and Nina wasn't helping the situation at all.

    She was muttering something I didn't understand while rocking back and forth on the front seat

   Her head was buried deep in between her knees.

    "Nina ... babe stop crying. Pray for her" I whispered stroking her thighs while swerving to a corner by our left.

    "Don't talk drive!" She snapped.

    I bit my lip and nodded, pushing us back to our seats when I stepped on the pedal

    We arrived at the hospital and I turned my head right to left looking for a place to park.

   Without even fully stopping, Nina leaps out of the car and ran on full speed towards the entrance door.

   I jogged after her and met the receptionist who directed us to the waiting area.

     I held Nina's arm in a firm grip and we jogged there. Her hands were sweaty and clammy. And she was shaking real bad.

   Nina let's out a loud shrill and let's go of my hand when she spotted her mom.

    She ran towards her and jumped on her. All hell broke loss as she wailed loudly, clutching onto mama's shirt.

    "Mama Ina wuni( good afternoon) I greeted squatting down beside her.

     She nodded her head and smiled. Her eyes were so tiny and clouded with tears that you don't even see her eyeballs. She hugged Nina closed to her bosom and kissed her forehead.

    I moved over the next chair beside Manal and her husband "hey Good afternoon" I greeted them.

    "Ayman yakake" Manals husband asked. He was stroking his wife's head and saying things in her ears.

   She was crying and shaking too

     "Manal stop crying like that. You know the doctor said it's not good for the baby" he scolded.

       She bit her finger before bursting into new set of tears again.

   I watched as the family wept for zury and the baby. I felt bad and help less because there's nothing I can do right now. Even for Nina.

   I tried picking her up and making her sit with me but she just slapped my arms away and snuggled more into her mother's body.

   It has been two hours now since the news has been broken to us. I am now back from the masjid and I've finally convinced Nina to sit with me.