Chapter thirty seven

Do you experience a moment in your life? Whereby you can't say anything? You just smile and stare as your heart swells with complete happiness??

I was experiencing it now. I was out of words. I didn't say much, I just stared at Ayman as he talked and talked, with a tray of food in front of him.

Apart from the overgrown beard, Ayman looked normal. His eyes were dark and mysterious as always. His face looked as handsome as ever. His voice sounded deeper, maybe because he spent a long time without speaking.

I cried when we hugged, I cried when he kissed me, I cried when he held me in his strong arms and told me he missed and loved me. In all the hours that I spent here, 90% was of me crying.

Everyone came when they heard the news. Before maghrib the place was full to the brim, a nurse had to come and tell everyone to go out.

And now it was only I and Ayman. I was on the couch while he was on the bed, talking and eating a slice if pizza.

I sighed as his mouth moved, I know I should be listening to him but my mind was in a far away place.

I get jolted back to reality when he shouts my name.

"Yes Ayman?"

He frowned "are you even listening to me?"

I grinned sheepishly "no, I'm sorry"

He smiled and scratched his head "please come and lie down with me on the bed"

I stood up and walked up to him "the bed is too small,I'm afraid to crush your legs"

He pouts and pushed the tray. I carried the tray and put it on the floor. He turned so that he was facing me, his legs were dangling and I was standing in between them.

"I want to feel your skin against mine and besides my legs have healed. Was me walking around the room not enough proof?" He asked giving me a deadpanned look.

I stroked his beard and he caught my hand in his. I gasped, his hands were cold.

"Will the doctors not talk?" I asked.

Ayman picks me up and drops me on the bed beside him "who cares?"

I chuckled and laid down, he followed right after. We were facing each other, our faces inches apart from each other.

"You kept me alive Nina" Ayman whispered wrapping a hand around my waist and dragging me even closer. All parts of our body were now touching.

Ayman nuzzles our noses together and I sigh in bliss. My hands go up to his hair.

"Every time I'm about to sink into the darkness, your voice brought me back. It saved me"

His hot breath fanned my face. My body was hot with electric charges running up my spine. A single move of my face will have our lips touching.

And honestly right now i wanted nothing more than that.

"Aymaan" I shivered , his cold hands had slipped into my shirt and his fingers were making light circles around my belly button.

"Yes Nina?" He answered looking at me straight in the eyes.

I gulped in my saliva and took in some air "did you hear the last thing I said when I was in your room earlier?"

He scrunched up his brows "that thing about you being pregnant?" He smiled.

I nodded and kneaded my hands through his black hair.

"Are you happy about it?" I questioned.

"See silly question" he rolled his eyes "of course I am"