Chapter Seventeen

814 reads!! Eeek

"my baby" Mama pressed me to her bosom holding my cheek "I missed you so much"

   "me too mama, more than you know" I whispered. She was pressing me to herself I could barely breath.

   when I entered the kitchen where she was she squealed and dropped the spoon before moving towards me and hugging me.

   "why didn't Ayman enter?" She asked after she had released me, I was now laying down my head on her lap.

  "he said he had lectures, he'll greet you when he comes to pick me" I answered.

  back at the car when we were coming not a single sentence was said from me.

  ayman tried to make small talk asking me about school about my studies and the upcoming exams.

  my only replies were yes, no, maybe or i dont know.

  ayman is a very confusion human being just yesterday he wasn't even talking to me at all, for him to even look my way was a big issue.

   so I dont know why all of a sudden he's starting to act friendly.

   "oh that's good" mama replied breaking me out of my reverie.

  she taps my head and I look up sitting down properly and looking at her.

   "hows he treating you" she asked gently making small circles on my hands that were on her lap.

   I tried to smile but I ended up cringing instead.

   "fine" was my single reply.

    I looked away from her not wanting her to notice that I was lying.

  "hanina look at me" she said. I looked up at the ceiling instead.

   my eyes start to get teary as I reminisced all the nights( three in total) that I slept crying myself to sleep.

   and then the boring days where I was all alone at home.

   it hurt me to lie to her but finally summing up the courage I whispered "mama everything is fine, I'm happy"

   I blinked away the tears and looked at her straight in the face.

   "hanina dont lie to me, I'm your mother. I can tell. Did he try anything sexual or has he forced himself upon you?" She bombarded me with all those question.

  I cringed and shook my head "no" I say to her wiping a single tear.

   mama seeing that squeezed me to her chest "hanina did he rape you?" She asked again.

   I burst into tears and forced myself to leave her chest

  "no mama he hasn't, its just I missed you so much. I miss my house. I dont like married life at all! Ayman ... ayman doesn't even look at me talk less of trying to touch or doing anything to me"

   I hiccuped and wiped my nose with the back of my hands, the tears were falling like a waterfall and my heart?

   it pains, it pains so bad just the thought of going back to my house makes me cry even more.

  "he drinks mama" I continued while mama hugged me close to her "and then when he comes back he ignores me, he doesn't even look my way. And then all of a sudden it changed, he started talking to me today even offering to drop me here" I finished and sat facing her again.

   I took out a tissue from the tissue container on top of the wooden table beside the ash couch we were sitting on.

   "shhss ta woku(don't cry)"