Chapter 3

Buz. Buz. Buz.
A text. From Jessy. My lunatic best friend.

'Hey girl. I am finally gonna get that tattoo I have always wanted. But you have to come with. Please come with me.'

'Had a really long day. Can we do it another time?' I replied.

' :( No!! I have been waiting forever. And you always say another time. Besides what else do you have planned for tonight?'

She has a point. Ever since my run in with Lex, last week, I just haven't felt like myself. And I don't know why. Maybe it was just the strangeness of the whole situation. Whatever it was, I'm in some kinda of a 'funk'. And maybe getting out of the house is just what I need.

'Alright. What time?'

An hour later, I am waiting on Jessy to come pick me up. Jessy is always running late and I don't expect her to be here for at least another thirty minutes. So, while I am waiting I decided to play a game of cards with my grandma. She is always asking me to play and I always try to find an excuse not to. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly but growing up with and living with her still, you can only play a game of cards so many times before you get sick out of it. But I have mercy on her today and sit down to play a game with her anyways.

"Where are you two gals going now?"

It's the fourth time she has asked me that and I can't help but grin. I love her so much.

"Jess wants a tattoo, Mawmaw. I will be back before ten."

"A tattoo, you say? Hump. That doesn't sound like a good place for you young ladies to be hanging around. A tattoo shop, that is? And since when did getting covered in ink become such a 'hip' thing? Back in my day, ladies didn't do such things."

I giggle despite the fact that she disapproves.

"Mawmaw, it's not me getting the tattoo. It's Jessy. And it's her body. So, you can't just tell her no. She is grown now."

She raises a sliver brow at me.

"Well, given the fact that I did practically raise her too, I should have a say."

It's true. Growing up, Jessy nine times out of ten could be found at my house. That's just the way it always was. And my grandma thought of Jessy as another granddaughter. We were all very close.

"I know, Mawmaw."

Just then the front door opens and in walks Jessy. She never knocks. At least not here. I guess she figures that this is just as much of her home as it is mine. And well.... It kinda is.

"Hello, ladies. What do ya think?" she asks about her outfit for the evening.

My mouth hangs open. Lord help her, there isn't much to the outfit at all. A mini skirt and a short top, showing the lower part of her belly. Jessy is a tall and she has killer legs. And in that short skirt her legs look sky high. As usual, her makeup is done to perfection. And her long brown hair is pulled into a sexy type of messy bun.
I look down at myself. I thought that my skinny jeans and T-shirt would do just fine. I didn't know that I needed to get dressed up for this. It was just a tattoo after all, not like a night out at the club.

"You look amazing," I tell her.

"Yes, you look amazing. Amazingly hussy. You're not leaving this house looking like that. Go put some clothes on."

"Mawmaw, this is a cute outfit. I'm not going to change it, it took me two hours to figure out what I was going to wear."

"That's why you're late isn't it?" I can't help but ask.

She rolls her eyes. "I am not late. Just.... Okay so I'm a little late. So, come on I don't want to miss my appointment."

She then takes my hand, causing me to drop my cards, and drags me to the door.

"Bye, Mawmaw."

I bearly get the chance to say. Then Jessy shouts, "We love you!"

As we climb into her car, my grandma is heading out to shout at Jessy about putting on clothes. Jessy is quick to start the car and drive away before she can stop us.

"You know your gonna hear a earful about this later," I tell her.

She waves her hand. "Oh, she'll get over it. Now in the bag in the back, I brought you some clothes too. And my makeup."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, from what I heard, there are some pretty hot guys that hang out at this shop and I think it's about time we get you a date."

"Jessy, I have gone on dates before and even had a boyfriend or two, if you don't recall."

"A few dates to the movies and Tommy Philips and Steve what's his name, don't really count as dates or boyfriends. It's about time you get some action or legs are going to grown together and you will look like a mermaid."

I blush and dig around in her back seat. Finding the bag, I look inside and I am horrified.

"Jess, I am not wearing this."

I hold up the tiny dress. It's more like a shirt. And the heels are never gonna happen. I do good to walk around in my flats.

"Yes, you can."

"No, I can't ."

"Can."

"Can't."

"Just put on the damn dress," she snaps.

I shake my head. "Not gonna happen."

"Fine. But at least let me do your makeup."

"Deal. But don't do too much."

She smiles.

My black hair has been taken down from my ponytail and my face has been beautifully transformed. Jessy really does have a gift. We have been sitting in the parking lot for ten minutes as Jess works her magic. I have to admit. If there are hot guys here, I feel better about walking inside, with some makeup on.
The shop appears to be busy this evening. Men stand out the back, smoking and laughing. I feel nervous. These aren't the type of people I usually hang around with. Neither does Jessy. But Jessy is different than me. She never meets a stranger and can make friends with anyone. I, on the other hand, am a bit more on the shy side. Most of the time.

"Come on."

I step out of the car. Jessy is excited and all bubbly. And I..... I am all wide eyed and tense. I feel stupid. It's not like anyone is going to hurt me but for some reason I feel unsure. As we approach the men standing outside, they smile. Not really a welcoming kind of smile. More like the kind of smile, I think the wolf from little red riding hood would give. Their arms and necks are covered in ink. And a few of them have eyebrow rings and lip rings. That had to hurt, I think.
Jessy ignores them as we walk by but I can't help but stare. Once inside I feel a little more comfortable. At least safer. The walls are covered in art work. All of it very beautiful. The waiting area is furnished nicely. I take a seat as Jessy informs them that she is here for her appointment.
When she is finished, she comes and sits down next to me.

"This guy. The one doing my tattoo. They says he is the best! It took me forever to get an appointment. Look, this is some of his work."

She shows me a book full of tattoos. I can't lie. The guys got some skills. Whoever he is. The tattoos are detailed. Some bright and colorful. Other black and white. As we flip through the pages I find that I am impressed. The guy is a master to his craft. No doubt. And I wonder who he is.
"What's this guy's name?"

And then....

"Jessy? Are you ready?"

I look up and.... You have got to be kidding me. Him? Lex?

(Hope you enjoyed it. Next chapter coming soon. And please forgive any typos. I am doing this at work. Xoxo.)