Chapter 92

☆♡☆♡ what if I was made for you and you were made for me. What if this is it, what if it's meant to be....kane brown.... what if...☆♡☆♡
************************************
Mia
****
Three weeks later, 6 am, I find myself uncomfortable, so I head downstairs to lay on the couch. I love Lex so much, but the man radiates heat while he is sleeping. Which sometimes causes my morning sickness to be so much worse. Downstairs, I rest and try to cool my body down.
My hand rests on my little belly.
I still find it strange how little I am showing.
It was just a few days ago, when John came down to visit, that he could finally notice my tiny bump. Poor Jess is definitely showing in her middle. Which she is a few months ahead of me. But still, by the time her due date gets here, she is probably going to look like she has a massive ball under her shirt.
And now, Jess is having back pain from the weight of her baby. Which, Lex and I, and Mawmaw and Oscar, even John and Milo, were so excited to hear that they would be having a baby boy.
Chris, is filled with pride over the fact that he will have a son, and Jess is just as proud as her man is. And to top off their happy news, Chris popped the question, and Jess of course said yes. But she wants to hold out until the baby is born. Which means I will be a very pregnant maid of honor. Her only brides maid. She wants a small wedding, just family and close friends.
While Chris and Jess couldn't wait to know the sex of their baby, Lex and I want it to be a surprise for us. So, we will wait until it's born before choosing names and buying baby clothes. Though I have picked up a few things here and there, that it doesn't matter what the sex is. Things like breast pumps and white sheets for the crib, even two cute little onesies, one for a boy and one for a girl.  
As the dawn starts to show itself, Milo comes down the stairs. Sweet loyal, Milo had stayed with John for a while, but when John wanted to visit, Milo had too come along. The kind butler, has always been in the background but was always there nonetheless.
I watch as he begins to cook breakfast.  He is always the first up and the last to go to bed. Dressed in a clean cut suite and gray hair combed perfectly. I'll never understand how someone can get up everyday, without a break, and tend to this family, day in and day out.
I jump up from the couch, startling Milo, as I join him in the kitchen. As much as he tries, I don't go 'rest' like he wants me too. I enjoy his company and we make breakfast together. We laugh and he tells me stories about Lex from when he was a child. I listen closely and wonder if our baby will be just as wild as it's father was.
Not long after we sat the table, does everyone start coming down, Oscar rubbing his eyes, and Mawmaw greatful for our cooking for everyone. John strolls down and takes his place at the table.  Lex is the last to come down, but when he does, heat washes over my skin. He is wearing sweatpants and they hang just the right way on his hips, showing off the perfect V line. His chest is bare, showing off his beautiful artwork. I have to take a breath, reminding myself that we aren't alone, and attacking him in a sexual way right now would be award. But heaven help me, desire while pregnant is a bit stronger than I have ever left before. Jess told me all about it, that it was hard for her to keep her hands to herself, and that even now she has to try her best to control herself.
Lex swaggers over to me, placing a kiss on my cheek and I pay on my bottom, and he has no idea how much that just turned me on.
My family eats, talks, and laughs. I watch the faces of my loved ones. I have been so blessed. And I can't be anymore thankful. I have exactly what I have always wanted, large, happy, loving family. And shortly after  we sit, do Jess and Chris walk in. Now, my family is complete. They join us, Milo trys to give up his seat for Chris, who simply pats the old man's back, and pulls a seat from the kitchen. We all dig in.
Today is a big day, Lex is opening the new shop, and we have all gathered for this reason. My wonderful, stubborn husband has been so busy, with advertising and last minutes touches that he has nearly worked himself to death. And now it will all be worth it. After we have eaten our fill, Milo begins to clean up, and insists that Mawmaw let him do it, but Mawmaw waves her hand at him, and Milo gives up.
Jess and I catch up a bit, while Chris and Lex do the same. John listens in but keeps his thoughts to himself as he sips his coffee. After a while, Lex takes my hand and we head upstairs to get ready. I choose a 50s inspired sundress, white with pink little flowers, I slip on my pink flats, and pulls my long dark curls up into a teased ponytail. While I am applying my makeup, I see Lex standing in the door of the bathroom.

" What is it?" I ask. 

He does that half crooked grin that drives me wild.

"Nothing," he says. "I was just thinking that I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

I grin back him. He has been super sweet lately. I finish my pink lipstick and then walk over to place a kiss on his cheek. He does look very handsome in his black paints and dark blue button down. It's my turn to watch him, and I completely understand how he feels. Yes, we have had our ups and down, but through it all, I have loved him and he has loved me. I think back on the time I first met my husband. He had been so lost in his life of crime and ruble ways. And now, here he is, married, and getting ready to be a father. He has changed so much and in so many ways. But then, so have I. And I wouldn't change a second of what we have been through, because it has helped us become closer, together there isn't anything we can't do. We are a team, and sometimes we have to be reminded of that, but in the end it's me and him. Us against the world.
He finishes brushing his teeth and washing his face, then he combs his brown hair in that oh so sexy way.

"You ready?" He asks.

I take his hand. " I'm ready for anything as long as you're with me."

He leans down to place a soft kiss on my lips. I grab my bag and we head downstairs, hand in hand.