Chapter 100

♡°♡°♡ When one door closes another door opens ♡°♡°♡
************************************
Mia
****
"Oh! Jess! He's perfect!" I can't help the excitement in my voice, but I am careful not to be too loud.

The little angel sleeps peacefully on his mother's chest. And though Jess looks tried, I can see how happy she is. Chris is beyond himself with joy. And pride.
I swear I have never seen a man so proud.
Well...
Maybe Lex on our wedding day. He was like a proud peacock, that day. And some since but the look in Chris's eyes as he looks down at Jess and the little bundle of joy is enough to fill anyone's heart with warmth.

" Why does he look so wrinkly?" Oscar  looks over the edge of the bed to look down at the baby's little face.

Jess giggles. "Most babies look like this when they are first born, silly."

Oscar looks up to me with an unsure expression. I kiss his cheek and he shrugs.

"I can't believe how beautiful he is," I try to control my voice.

"Would you like to hold him?" She asks.

I squeeze my hands together and nod.

With the greatest of care, she places her son in the crook if my arm. The baby begins to fuss but soon relaxes back to sleep. I tear up.

"Hello. I'm your Aunt Mia."

Lex stands beside me. Looking down on the infant in my arms.

"And," I say. "This is your Uncle Lex."

I watch as my husband takes his index finger down to touch the baby's hand.  And I see with tear filled eyes as the sleeping baby wraps his hand around my husband's finger. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. I can't only imagine what I will feel when it's my child holding on so tightly.

"Where is he?" I hear from the hallway. And I know exactly who it is. And I can just imagine the fuss she is making.

"Hurry up you two! And get out of my way. Don't you shush me! Get the hell out of my way!"

Mawmaw flies into Jess's room. With a heavy breathing John and Milo tagging along behind her.

"Where is-" she stops.

Her eyes locked in on the child sleeping in my arms. Her hand touches her heart.

"Look," I tell the baby. "Your Mawmaw is here now."

I move towards her to place the baby in her arms. She sits on the bed next to Jess.

"How beautiful," she mumbles. "What are you planning on naming him?"

Jess looks over to Chris, who simply gives her a smile and nods.

"Well. We're naming him, Chrisopher Axton Sawyer. And we'll call him Axton."

Mawmaw raises a brow at her, then looks back down to the baby.

"Well," she says. "I suppose Axton will do. It's better than those other names you two came up with."

Chris chuckles.  "Hey, I tried to talk her out of some of those, and somehow we came up with Axton."

Lex pats Chris on the shoulder.

" You did good, man."

Chris smiles, so pleased. "Thanks."

John and Milo take turns shaking Chris's hand and kissing the top of Jess's head.

"I just hate that we missed it," I tell my sister, my best friend.

Jess giggles. "It all happened so fast. But I really wish you all could have seen the way Chris drove us here! He was like a mad man, pulling in on two wheels. You would have thought I was dying or something."