Chapter 6

/\/\/\/ These hoes are crazy /\/\/\/

************************************
Lex
****
I hadn't seen Nicki coming up to me. And then when she put her arms around my neck and kissed me , I guess it took me a second to realize what was happening. I pull away. She's drunk. But that's no excuse. I told her weeks ago that we were over. To be honest, it never really began. We just messed around. A lot.
I ended things with her just because I had simply become bored with her. Not nice, I know. But I never said I was a nice guy. I'm not. Most of the time anyway.
Around Mia I'm pretty nice, or I'm at least tolerable. Aren't I?
Mia.
I had left her to bring her back something to drink and now I was stuck with the world's biggest slut.

"Hey, why are you being like that?"

Any other time I would gladly take what she offered but now my sights are sat on someone else.

"Not interested."

She finally leans off of me.

"You? Not interested?"

I roll my eyes. "I told you that two weeks ago."

She grins. "But you were just kidding..... Were'nt you?"

"No. I wasn't."

I shove my way past her. I refuse to waste any more of my time on her. Some of these hoes are crazy but Nicki, she takes crazy to a new level. Chris had warned me about her. I hadn't cared at the time. Free ass is free ass. Nicki was hot and she knew it. She used that to her advantage.
I look to the spot I had found Mia earlier. She's gone. My eyes search for her but there are too many people. I can't find her anywhere. I spot Chris coming in from the front entrance. He looks ticked.

"Where did they go?" I ask as I walk to him.

"Gone. Jessy said Mia was ready to go. Cock block from hell, man."

"You ain't lying," I grumble.

He slaps a hand on my shoulder and I shrug it off.

"You like her, don't you?" He asks.

"Enough to fuck her and get it out of my system."

"From what Jessy says you won't be getting any of that. Says that Mia is on lock down."

I grin. "Well, it's a good thing I have known how to break through a locked door since I was ten."

Upstairs, Chris and I sit in my father's office. The guys have no new leads. My father is losing his patients with us. He is a powerful man, my father, no one likes to cross him. He is the leader. I am his second. Chris and Nate are my right and left hand. The rest of the gang falls under my father and myself. We take our responsibility seriously. But my father is the kind of man who takes everything seriously, especially since my mother was killed.
I was seven when it happened. They had gone on a date night when they were held at gun point. My father was nearly beaten to death while the men raped and then shot my mother. Since then it was like he was another person. When the men were found he tied them to chairs and burnt them alive. He had become harsh. And absolutely the most feared man in L.A. He raised me to be what I am now. A killer, when needed and a hustler always. Growing up in this life has harder my skin and frozen my heart. My loyalty lies with him and our gang. The Vipers.
It's in my blood.
Like venom that burns my veins.

"Alex, this matter needs to be taken care of. Soon," my father snaps at me.

I glare back him.

"The film has been pulled and being looked over."

He raises a brow. "And?"

"When I know something you will."

He has been on my ass for days. Forget the fact that I had been shot in the process of trying to find some information. It was just part of this life. Being hurt. Or shot. Or even killed.

"Well, a new shipment is coming in tomorrow night. You, Chris, and Nate will over see it. Where is Nate anyways?"

"Down stairs, sir. I saw him a little while ago," Chris says.

My father nods. "Be sure to inform him of tomorrow night. If anything happens, you know how I will want you to handle it."

We both nod our understanding. The rest of the gang will be on speed dial. Just in case. We both stand, ready to leave. But....

"Alex, stay."

I don't question him. I never question him. Chris leaves, passing my father's two body guards on his way out.
Once alone, my father turns to me.

"How are things at the shop?"

I blink. He never asks about my tattoo shop. I wonder why he is now. Has something happened that I don't know about?

"Everything is fine."

He smiles. "Good. I admit that I am quite impressed with your work there. When you first showed your interest in ink, I thought it was only one of your phases. But now look at you. You're covered. And making a business for yourself."

I look at him wide eyed. Something was going on. My father never spoke to me like this. And to say that he is proud of me and my shop? I silently started to panic.

"Father, is everything alright?"

He laughs.
"Can't I tell my son I am proud of him?"

I don't say anything. This isn't like him.

"I couldn't help but notice the girl you were with earlier."

Which one? I don't say a word.

"I hear that she went to your shop before she came here. She is pretty. Very pretty. But she doesn't seem like she would be one of your girls. Who is she?"

I sigh. Now I know. Since the last shipment was stolen, my father has been keeping a close eye on everything related to the Vipers. My shop, the club, and his personal own business's. It makes sense. He is suspicious of everyone and everything. I am too. But I don't think Mia could hurt a mouse. Much less, be a spy.

"She is just a.... a friend."

Again that brow goes up. "A friend? You're sure?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well then, if she is going to be coming around, I want you to keep an eye on her. And her friend. You know how this world works, trust no one."

I understand him perfectly but I also understand that Mia and Jessy are far from any danger. But it gives me the perfect excuse to find out more about Mia. Where does she live? What 's her number? O have some work to do. As I leave my father's office I dial up an old friend. For back ground checks on both the girls. I will have my report in the morning. But for the rest of the night I might as well head home and wonder if Mia is thinking about our kiss as much as I am.

(Apparently, it's really hard to get you people to vote and comment. Please do!! Just to let me know if you like it or not. Thanks for reading.)