Chapter 7

xoxo kisses are sweet, except yours, it almost knocked me off my seat xoxo

************************************
Lex
****
I read over the background check again.
Nothing sticks out as usual. Both of the girls are just as normal as anyone else. I knew my father was wrong to think otherwise. Everything seemed normal. I have both of their cell numbers. Addresses. And basic information.
Mia it seems moved here to live with her grandmother when she was very young because both of her parents were killed in a car accident years ago. And she and Jessy could both be found at Mia's grandmother's house most of the time.
Jessy's parents had split up when she was still a baby. She lived in between both her parents houses before she started staying with Mia. Now, she is found there more often than not.
I have the address.
It's 7:30am.
I didn't sleep well.
It's Saturday.
I wonder what Mia has planned for this evening. I could always drop by her house to find out. Nah, that would be creepy. I could always just text her. Then she will wonder how I got her number. It's too early to text anyways. Fuck.
I know. I will have Chris text Jessy. See if maybe they want to hang out. And then I can just show up.
Now, all I have to do is tell Chris the plan.

~°~
Mia
*****
"You got a WHAT?"

I wince. I knew my grandma would be mad but I didn't think she would carry on like this.

"I knew Jessy was getting one but you too! Where is it?"

She comes over to me and starts looking me over. She trys to lift my pajama shirt.

"Mawmaw! Stop!"

"Well," she says as she stands away from me, her hands on her hips. "Where is it?"

I give up and hold out my wrist. Jessy giggles as she eats her cereal. She is watching us from the sofa and she is enjoying every bit of this.

"Circles and the word family? Really, Mia?" My Mawmaw asks.

I become defensive.
Lex had done a wonderful job.

"No, Mawmaw. It's an infinity tattoo. Family forever."

She thinks about it for a minute but then grumbles some more.

"Why on your wrist, where everyone can see it?" She asks.

I shrug. "I just thought it would be cute here."

"Cute. Well, when you get old and it starts to get wrinkled and you can't read it anymore, don't about it to me. I don't understand you young people these days. Marking up your body's and....."

She walks back into the kitchen, shaking her head as she goes. My Mawmaw is old school. Very old school. And I know she means well. She really does. But I still absolutely love my tattoo. Even if she doesn't and even if the guy who did my tattoo is an ass. I still love it.
I sit on the sofa with Jess. She grins at me with a mouthful of cereal. I roll my eyes at her. Then her phone buzzes. Her eyes instantly light up and I know it's Chris. She has been talking about nothing else, except her new ink. She text him back and forth for a while before she turns to beam at me.

"Chris wants to hang out today," she is lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Okay. So, go hang out."

Of course, he would text her and want to hang out. Chris seemed like a nice guy. Tattooed up but still a nice guy. Jess was lucky and I.... Why did he kiss me anyways? I have finally decided that it was a in the moment type of thing. Lex wasn't the least bit into me. Sure I had helped him out and he had tattooed me but that didn't mean anything. But I just wonder.... Why did he kiss me?

"Oh, believe me I'm going too. But he wants to know if you are coming too."

"Why would he want me to come along?" I ask.