Chapter 58

‹•.•›all things are better with coffee and chocolate‹•.•›
************************************
Mia
****
* Mia, please talk to me.

*I miss u.

*At least let me know you are safe.

*Fine.

*I can't sleep. All I can think about is you. I know that I'm fucked up. I'm sorry.

*I love you Mia. Always.

*I can't stand this. If you won't answer when I call at least text me back.

*Merry Christmas.

*Oscar says thanks for his gifts. And says that he misses you.

*Fine. Fuck it then!

*Mia.... Please.

In the last week he has blown up my phone nonstop. I've reread his texts over and over. I want to text back and answer when he calls but I can't. If I do, it's just opening another can of worms.
I'm trying my best to do better, than the last time we were apart. This time, I have been forcing myself to eat. And try as I might, I even tried to enjoy a game of cards with Mawmaw and Alice last night.  And today, I have been searching for a job. I have had no luck. With Christmas having come and gone, no one is looking for seasonal help anymore.
Having become frustrated and angry with my search, I stopped by a cozy little coffee shop. I've never been here before but I like it. Everyone seems friendly and the entire store smells like heaven. After I have my iced caramel coffee, I find a seat, and return to my search. With a red marker I circle and ex off all the jobs in the local paper. After a while, my phone buzzes again.
Knowing who it is, I choose not to look at it.
I'm going to have change numbers, if he doesn't stop this. I'll give the new number to Jess and she can give it to Oscar. That would teach him!

"Excuse me, just wanted to check and see if you needed anything?"

"Yeah, a job," I say before I even look up at the man who spoke to me.

But when I do finally lay eyes on him, I blush. This man is a very good looking clean cut young man. Soft brown hair, hazel green eyes, and a perfectly white smile. He is tall, not as tall as Lex but still quite tall. He is handsome but not as handsome as....
Stop it, Mia!
You can't compare ever man you meet to your ex.

"A job?" the sweet man asks.

I gulp and nod. "Yes, badly."

He bites the inside of his cheek. "Have you ever waited tables before?"

"No."

He grins. "Ever had any experience in making coffee? Or other cooking skills?"

I lower my head. "No. I burnt some noodles once."

He chuckles. "What's your  name?"

I look back up at him. "Mia Martinez."

He sticks out a hand. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Miss Martinez. My name is Nick. And if you would like I'd be happy to give you a job here."

I stand to my feet. "Are you serious?!"

He nods. "As long as you don't mind working some weekends."

I smile. "Not at all."

"Great. Be here at five thirty in the morning."

Holy shit, that's early. The hours at the tattoo shop were much better..... Stop it!

"Okay, I'll see you then."

With that the man leaves. It's unbelievable how my luck just changed. But I'm not going to question it. I'm simply going to accept it with a smile.
But my smile doesn't last long. I receive a call from an unknown number. It's probably Lex. But it could be Mawmaw. The woman has never liked using cellphones and never has had one. And like an idiot I still haven't put Alice's house number in my phone contacts yet.

"Hello?"

"So, you'll answer it as long as you think it's not me?"

"What do you want Lex?"

He sighs. "I just wanted to know you got home safe."

"Well, I did. Thanks. Now goodbye..."

"Wait! You won't even talk to me. I was worried. I can't help that."

"Thanks for your concern but it's not necessary."

"How can you say that?"

"I just can. Now goodbye."

"Mia, why are you being so cold?"

"Because."

I hang up.
Yes. I am being cold. But it's only because I know that if I'm not, he will break the little bit of strength I have left. And that I can't let happen.
I have to stay strong.
But God it's hard.
I miss him so much.
And I love him so much.
And my heart is broken.
He was right. This is all my fault. If I hadn't had opened up my big mouth then none of this would have happened. But then again, I would still be wasting my time if I hadn't.
And it wasn't that I thought Lex was a waste of my time. It just that..... That.... I don't want to waist his time.
Lex is the love of my life. And no matter who I meet, that will never change.
That's the scary part.
Its that I know, I will never care about anyone the way I did him. No one will ever come close. I hate that but I can't change it either. Lex got into my blood. He was like a drug that I can't stop using. Even though I know he is bad for me, I still want him. Crave him. Miss him.
Deep down, I will always want him.
No matter how many years pass. When I am an old lady, I will think back on our love. Lex D'Amore will haunt me for many years. Probably until the day I die.

(A short update but an update nonetheless. Hope everyone enjoys it. Thanks for the comments guys! Keep em coming! Lol)