Chapter 53

(*>.<*) Before this life is over, see the world(*>.<*)
************************************
Lex
****
Mia stood up from the bed, completely naked, and headed for the bathroom. We are leaving for Paris in the morning. It was the first place she had wanted to go. Everyone else in the family was fine with the first trip and they were all excited.
I lay on my back, watching Mia look at herself in the mirror of the bathroom. I can't believe how lucky I am. How I could end up with a family like this.
And it was all because of this one girl.
Mia.
She has changed my life so much in such a short period of time.
And I realize, I have changed.
Somehow she has changed me.
I am no longer the heartless, cocky, ass I had been.
She brought out another side of me.
Things were still changing. We are leaving L.A., a whole new world awaites us.
Mia also wants to visit Belize, Peru, and Africa.
Jessy and Oscar had helped come up with that list. I don't really care where they want to go as long as Mia and Oscar stay with me.
My father has plans on seeing some old friends in Germany for a while before meeting back up with us later on.
Oscar's papers were the only thing we were waiting on. And they had finally came in earlier that week.
Although, the holidays were close, Oscar would start homeschooling until we found a place where we want to stay for a while.
Oscar had grumbled about his lessons but I had not given in on that.
After all education was important and as long as he was in the care of Mia and myself, I would see to it that the boy had the best money could buy. 
I watch as Mia gets into the shower and I can't help but think how much I adore her.
I want her in my life, always. There is only one way to ensure that.
I stand from my bed. The bathroom is steamy hot. I step into the shower and take over the washing of her hair. I work my fingers on her scalp. She moans, leaning her body against mine.
We have made love every night, and sometimes during the day, since I have come back. She has surpassed anything I could have imagined being with her could have been. I know that I am never going to get enough of her.
She takes over the washing of my body. Somehow before I know what she is doing, she is on her knees, taking me into her mouth.

"Wow," the word slips out from my lips.

She works her hands and lips around me. Pumping harder and faster. Taking me deeper and deeper until I am rocking my hips to her. I had not expected this. But of course, I'm not complaining either. What man would?
I stiffen. My muscles tensing up tightly. She moans. I come hard into her mouth. When my eyes open, she is standing, with a very pleased look on her beautiful face.

"You are.... You're just fucking amazing, girl."

She giggles.

I push a piece of her out her face. "I love that sound."

"Really? I hate the way I laugh," she tells me.

I wrap my arms around her and pull her close.

"No. I love it. It's the most wonderful sound in the world."

She grins and rolls her eyes at me.
And then I become serious, looking deep into her blue eyes.

"Do you love me?" I ask.

She blinks. "You know I do."

"Then will you always be with me?"

Her brows knit together. "Yes. Why are you asking me this?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

I turn away, finish with the water and shut it off. I reach for a towel. She stands beside me.

"Don't do that. Don't go back into your shell. What's the matter?" she presses on.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. As much as I love her, I can't deny that her stubborness to know everything is sometimes annoying.

"Nothing, Mia."

Once we are dry, and back in bed. I turn off the light on the nightstand, for some much needed sleep. Then suddenly, out of nowhere...

"Lex, have you ever thought about the future?"

"No. I just try to get through day by day."

She turns on her side. "Really? Never."

I sigh. "No. I've never really thought about it."

"Okay," her voice sounds sad and it eats at me.

So, I can't help it, I just have to ask.

"Do you?"

She smiles, I can't see it but I know she is.
"Oh, yes. I want to be married. And kids! I want a two story house. One with a big porch, with swings and rocking chairs. I think it should be a white house, with blue shutters and a red door. And I want one of those fancy screen doors too! You know, the white one's that look so pretty. And I think there should be a lake. Yes! A lake with lots of ducks swimming around. And there will be trees, weeping willow trees. There will be a garden in the back, that I could help Mawmaw work in. And a big staircase leading upstairs. In the livingroom I want a big fireplace and mantel. And a bay window, so I can put the Christmas tree in front of it and see it out the window all lit up."
She didn't slow down to take a breath and the more she went on the wider my eyes got. "Of course, the house will have to have a lot of rooms. One master suite, a room for Mawmaw, one for Oscar, and then two more for a boy and a girl. Maybe even a apartment for Jessy and Chris when they come visit and when John does. It would be nice to have a decent size kitchen too. And I will have to learn to cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas but Mawmaw will be there so she can help me. Oh, Lex! I can just see it all now! The three of us, me, Mawmaw, and Jess all in the kitchen, while you and Chris are watching a football game. Oscar will be running around with the kids. And me and Jess with our pregnant bellies!"

She laughed. And I shot out of the bed. My heart is pounding. I'm all sweaty. My ears are ringing. Holy fuck!

She sits up. "What's the matter?"

I can't speak. I feel like I can't breath. I'm pacing the floor.

"Lex?"

"Holy shit, Mia! Where the hell did all that come from?" I barely got those words out.

She is confused. "What? I just.... "

And then I unload. "Mia, I just have come to grips with the fact that I am in love with you and then you toss all that at me! Marriage? Kids? A white house on a lake with a red door?! I mean, I never thought that I would ever even consider settling down let only get married!"

I've hurt her feelings, I can see it and I don't mean too but I cant help it! She has our whole life planned out in her head and I...

"Lex, I was just dreaming. You know, out loud. I didn't mean to freak you out."

And it's like I have just kicked a puppy.

"I know that, Mia. It's just that I didn't realize those things meant so much to you."

"Of course they do. Lex, you know that I lost my parents long ago. It's always just been me and Mawmaw and Jess in our little old house. I want a real home. With a real family."

I sit beside her. "Mia, I don't know if I would be a good husband. Or father."

She tasks. "Well, you've turned out to be a half ass decent boyfriend. And you didn't think you could do that. And look at the way you are with Oscar, I know you will be a good dad too."

I smile at the faith she has on me. "I just don't know. I've never really wanted those things."

The more we talk the more she gets hurt.

I sigh. "But I do know I want you. I've never wanted anything more. I don't want to lose you or be without you, ever."

She leans up and kisses me softly. She then lays down. I lay beside her. Spooning up beside her. She reaches behind to take my arm and put it over her.

"I guess that will have to do for now then," she says.

(Okay, so this has to be my favorite chapter so far. I love Mia's vision for their life. Just had to say that. Love you all. Please vote and comment! It makes my day!!)