Chapter 23

♡⋆♡⋆♡A smile like yours is brighter than the sun♡⋆♡⋆♡

************************************Mia
****
Sunlight wakes me from my sleep. My eyes open and then they wince. I raise my hand to shield my eyes. Lex is no longer beside me. Thoughts of the night before flood my brain. Just the thought of what happened sends butterflies fluttering around my stomach and I squeeze my thighs together. He had been so wonderful. Gentle but lustful. I had expected him to want something in return. I'm still a little confused why he had turned down my offer. Not that I would have really had any clue how to please a man but I had thought that he could at least show me how. Stupid. It wasn't as if I didn't know what a blow job was, I just have never given one before. Jess says that it's really pretty easy and it can even be enjoyable.
The need to pee and wondering where Lex is, makes me get up out of his comfortable bed. After using the bathroom and shamefully checking out what's in his cabinets, to make sure I hadn't missed any girly things when I had showered last night, I search the apartment for Lex. Was it bad of me to check? Probably so. But I found nothing that told me any other female had been here in while.
Lex is nowhere to be found.
It's nine in the morning.
Maybe he just went to go get some breakfast.
That would be nice of him.
And it would be great for me.
I'm starving.
Since I have nothing better to do, I check out the other rooms. The one is the bedroom he had offered me last night. And nothing strikes my attention. Just a bedroom. But in the other room.... A studio. And of course this does strike my interest. Lex is incredible talented and as I look at the art hanging on these walls, it's like looking into his mind. His soul. Cheesy but true.
Lex most definitely has a dark side.
Anyone can tell that by his ink that covers his body. But in here it's like entering his world. The way he sees the world. It's sad to me that he sees things so darkly. So depressing. A desk sits in the middle of the room, like his office at the shop, and it's surrounded by his art. But instead of the massive portrait of his mother behind the desk, is a large painting of skull. Odd. I would think that the more personal picture would be at his home not in his shop. Doesn't make sense to me but the thought vanishes when I spot a piece of paper on his desk. A drawing pencil lays on top. He must have been drawing this recently. The drawing is of a forest. Dark and creepy looking. The trees are on either side with a bumpy path leading to the light. I wonder what this represents. What he was thinking of when he drew this. It's quite beautiful really, like all his drawings, but this stands out to me. And I don't know why.
The sound of my phone ringing causes me to jump and I lay the picture back down. I return to his room and find my phone in the pocket of my jeans.
Jessy.

"Hello?"

"Why in the hell haven't you called me back? Or answered my texts? Are you okay? Chris said he talked to Lex but I wanted to hear something from you! Where the hell are you?" she finally stopped to take a breath.

"Umm....in Lex's apartment."

"What?! I thought he took you back home. Chris said you were safe, that's all he said, I just thought that meant home. Are you okay? I texted you and called so many times."

"Yeah, Jess. You said that already. And yeah, I'm fine."

"That's it?! You're just... Fine?"

"Yeah," I tell her.

"Mia, talk to me. You don't sound fine, you sound like somethings up."

"Umm... I mean, there isn't really anything to say." I grin, knowing that she isn't going to by that for an answer. Not Jess.

"You have been with Lex all night, I know something had to happened."

"Well," I giggle. "We kinda fooled around."