Chapter 71

*•.•* Tell her I was born the night she found me. And that because of her I will go to my true death knowing what love is. -Eric Northman.... True Blood *•.•*
************************************
Mia
****
I'm happy for Jess. Really, I am. I want her to be happy. I love her so much. But I lie about it. A part of me hurt when she told me. A deep part, that no one will ever know about. As her friend, no matter my pain inside, I will smile and be as excited as everyone else.
I will plan her baby shower.
I will hold her hand in the delivery room.
And I will be the proud smiling Aunt to her baby.
The rest of the spa day included nails, lunch, eyebrows, and an incredible bath. By the time it is finished though I feel sleepy and would much rather go to bed than get ready for a date.
I've wonder what Lex has been doing most of the day. And when I return to our room, I find a box on our bed.
A letter sits on top.

'Mia,
I told you that a dress would do. Whatever you decide will be fine but I saw this and thought of you. 
Milo will be waiting for you downstairs with a car at six.
                                   L. '

I wonder why he is putting so much thought into this. Buying me a dress and sending me out for a spa day?  I'm  won't complain about it but I find it all a bit strange too. 
Inside the box, I hold up, a strapless soft pink dress. It stops just above my knees and fits perfectly. Lex has incredible taste in clothes.
I keep my make up light and pull my hair into a twisted bun. I add the pair of earrings Lex brought me and slip on my favorite heels.
Downstairs, I find Milo and he escorts me to the car. Milo won't tell me anything, no matter how hard I try. Inside, I find a red rose. I hold it up to my nose and smell it's sweetness. I find this all a bit odd but I remind myself this is Lex I'm talking about.
On the ride to... Wherever I'm going.... I can't help but think of Jess and Chris. Their lives are never going to be the same. I wonder what Chris will say?  How will he act? I know that he will be happy, excited. But will he be shocked? Surprised? I wish I could be there when she tells him.
The car pulls to a stops. Milo opens my door and helps me out.  Before I take another step, I glance at him.

"Milo, should I be worried?" I ask.

He gives me a gentle smile. "Sweet Mia, from the time Lex learned to walk I've been worried about him but now, as long as you're with him, I don't worry so much about him. For the first time, in a long time, he has finally found his happiness. No, you shouldn't be worried. Just enjoy."

He leaves me standing in a little confusion. A happy, flattered type of confusion. I smile as I watch him pull away. In front of me, is an iron gate with ivy growing up it. I have no idea where I am or where I'm supposed to go from here. The gate is opened just enough for me to peep inside. A stone walkway leads inside. I find scattered rose petals everywhere. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life. The nights sky sparkles with the stars. The smell of flowers fills the air. Along each side of the stone path are rows and rows of shrubbery and brightly colored flowers. I feel like I'm in a fairytale land. Somewhere that Cinderella would be. Or Snow-white. Little lanterns light the way.
This place feel so magical.
Music plays softly from somewhere.
I don't see any speakers, they must hidden from eyesight.
I walk farther.
I see an opening up ahead. Lanterns hanging from the trees. Towards the center is a table with candles. And beside it, is Lex. My eyes blink a few times, trying to wake myself up from this dream. He is breathtakingly handsome. I've wondered several times since I've known him, how it is possible for someone to be so damn beautiful, and this just took the top of the list.
He is wearing black pants with a black bottom down, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing off his toned inked covered forearms.  He is waiting for me. I take a step forward, he holds out his hand, I take it and he helps me into my seat. Before he takes his own, he places a kiss on my temple.