Chapter 15

»--> Some day, I hope you choke on all the shit you talk. <--«

************************************
Mia
****
Babe? He called me babe. My heart flutters. But then.... Maybe he calls all girls babe? Some guys do that, right? I can't stand the fact that there is still a part of me that doesn't fully trust him.
And he owns this shop. It's his, so, I now work for him. For now. This is going to be interesting. I return to the desk and leave him be. Jess and Chris show up a little while later. Jess heads straight for me, not letting me even fully stand before yanking me to the side, so the guys can't hear us.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She asks.

"I don't really have a choice. I need a job and he offered me one."

"Yeah but he....and you.... What if he trys something with you again?"

"Then I will slap the hell out of him," I lie.

I won't tell her this, but I really hope he does try to kiss me again. I know I shouldn't. I know I should stay away but ever since I met Lex my life has become more exciting than ever before. I know that this isn't smart. It's absolutely against my better judgement but I don't care. I am not ready to let him out of my life yet.

"Yeah, okay."

I can tell Jess doesn't believe me but she drops it for now. We join the guys and eat some pizza. Chris welcome.as me warmly, in joining the crew at the shop. The subject of Lex taking over on my off days comes up and again and I throw out an idea.

"What if Jess and I do this job together? I can work on your off days and you can work mine. You hate being a waitress anyway."

Lex looks between Jess and I.

"If she wants to then I don't have any complaints."

Jess is surprised at Lex. "Really?"

He shrugs. "I don't care."

"Thank you," Jess is excited and she steps outside to quit her job.

The rest of the crew starts to come in. Lex tells them the news and they all seem okay with it. The day progresses with people coming in and out. The buzzing of tattoo guns is drowned out by music, so it's not too annoying. Jess hangs around for a while, looking over the appointment book, both of us trying to get a sense of what working here will be like.
She leaves after a while, leaving me by myself to take calls and hand out caring for tattoo sheets. This is cake. I take payments and greet the people who come in. While I am busy taking a payment, I hear the clicking of high heels coming towards me. I look up to see a young woman with long red hair and sharply arched eyebrows, glaring at me.

"Who the fuck are you?" She snaps.

I look around.

"Yes, sweetie. I'm talking to you."

She taps her foot waiting for an answer. I feel my entire body flame up. What the hell?

"Ummm. I work here."

She flips her hair over her shoulder. "We'll see about that."

Then she walks past me into Lex's station. He is in the middle of tattoo. I don't know who she is but I get the feeling that I have just made an enemy and I have no clue why. I can't lie though, she is pretty. And she seems to know it.

"Who the fuck is that?" I hear her ask Lex.

I look over at them from the corner of my eye. Lex looks at me and I look away. I finish my payment and pretend not to be paying attention. I strain to hear what they are saying.

"I told you not to come here."

"You didn't answer me. Who is she?" She snaps.

I will give her one thing, she isn't afraid of him.

"None of your damn business. Now get outta here."

"I begged you for that job for weeks and you give it to some girl? What the hell is wrong with you. First you send me that text and then you push me off of you the club. And now you give some little bitch my job!"

Lex sits down his tattoo gun and stands to face her.

"It was never your job. And-"

"Are you fucking her? Is that it?"

He grabs her by the arm and they move away from my view and my hearing. Why is everyone so concerned about if we are sleeping together or not? Those two have a history, I know it. I wonder if she is the girl, Nicki. What are they saying now? I can hear raised voices but I can't make out what they are saying. A few minutes pass and I hear the clicking of her heels.
I lower my gaze as she walks up to the desk.

"He will get tired of you eventually and when he does, I will be so glad to fuck his brains out until he forgets all about you."

My eyes stay lowered.
"Then I better make sure that he doesn't get tired of me."
Then I look her straight in the eye. "Don't worry, I will make sure he is taking care of until he returns to you. But by all means, feel free to hold your breath until he calls."

I give her a smile then walk around the desk, opening the front door for her.

"Here, I will hold the door for you, you know, just so it doesn't hit you in the ass on your way out."

If looks could kill, I would die on the spot, and as she walks by me, I hear her call me a bitch.

"Takes one to know one, sweetie."

I shut the door and then turn back to my desk. But I stop when I see all the guys starring at me in awe. Then they burst into laughter and they clap. I think I might have just won some of them over. Especially, Chris who is laughing so hard he is doubled over. What did they think that I was just gonna let her talk to me any way she wanted?
I return to the front desk with my head high and a grin on my face. Lex hasn't stopped looking at me.

"You're gonna take care of me, huh? But I'm curious what you meant by 'taking care'?" He asks with his arms crossed and a beautiful grin on his face.

I blush. I had only said that because I wanted to get a point across and now he had to call me out.

He chuckles. "I was wrong to worry about you getting picked on around here. Looks like you can take care of yourself after all."

He returns to his tattoo and I sit. I have a feeling that this is not the last time I will be seeing that girl. She and Lex had a history but he had told me he had ended it. She obviously doesn't think it's over. That just gives me more of a reason to dislike her. No, I am almost positive I will have another run in with that girl again.

(For some reason, this chapter was really hard to write. I'm still not completely happy with it but here it is. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Please vote and comment.)