Chapter 82

~~~~ you make my heart smile ~~~~
************************************
Mia
****
The sun is hot, but a light breeze keeps me from sweating too much.  I lay in my chair and watch my sexy man step into the crystal clear ocean water. 
It's the fourth day of our trip. Our time here has mostly been spent either in bed or at a fancy dinner or shopping. I've had the time of my life here. Everything is so peaceful and relaxing here. We've stopped by a few shops and I've found some furniture for our new house. A few pieces of art work that Lex liked and a beautiful bedroom suite that I had fallen in love with.
As much as I am enjoying myself, I will be glad too to finally be moved into our new home and get settled down. Jess texted me and told me they had finally found a house of their own only a block away from our house. It's almost strange how perfectly everything has turned out to be.
I'm not sure it's normal for things to be so perfect. But I most definitely am not going to question it either.
I watch as the waves rolling in.
Lex zips down into the water and then waves his hand for me to join him.
I do.
The water is heavenly. The water glistening on my husband's toned chest and arms causes me to have to take a deep breath. He closes the distance between us. Taking me into his arms he spins us around. A giggle slips out before I can help myself.

"I love that sound," his voice is deep and sexy. 

"I know. You've told me before," I sigh happily.

"Have I? Well, let me think. Have I told you how much I love your new bikini? Or the way your ass jingles in it when you ran away from me earlier?"

I blush. He is speaking of earlier when he chased me around the beach. I had ended up over his shoulder, where he smacked my butt, and into the water we went. He hadn't cared who saw us. I hadn't either. We are in a world of our own here.
After a while of playing in the water, I get water logged and head back for the beach. I wrap myself in a towel and lay back in my chair. Lex emerges from the water like a tattooed Greek god. Women stare at him with hanging mouths. I don't mind really. After all, he will going home with me.
He bends down to plant a kiss on my lips before taking a seat beside me. We enjoy the rays for a while before Lex receives a text. He opens it and I watch his expression.

"Who is it?" I can't help but be curious.

He tosses his phone back down. "No one. Just a notification."

I don't say anymore but I get the feeling that he has just lied to me for the first time in our marriage. It bothers me, yes, but I'm learning to pick my battles. For the rest of the afternoon, I try to put it from my mind and ignore the nagging feeling that he lied to me.
And I have an idea of who it was.
If it was anyone else other than Tiffany, he would have told me so.
After a shower, I pull on my robe and find Lex in the kitchen.

"What are you up to?" I tease.

"I just thought that I would make my wife dinner and then we could watch a movie. Ya know, just stay in for tonight," he shrugs.

"That's perfect," I smile.

We cook together. Grilled chicken breast, salad, and baked potatos.  We eat in the livingroom, snuggled up together on the sofa. We laugh at the movie and sip wine. It isn't long before I lay my head on his shoulder and begin to drift off.

"Are asleep?" he whispers softly.

"Hmmmm..."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go zip lining with me tomorrow?"

"Really?" I sit up.

That snapped me out of it.

"Only if you want too?" he teases me.

"Oh my goodness, yes!"

"Good," he nods. "I already have it booked."

I kiss him. "Now it's going to take me forever to fall asleep!"

He grins at my exitment. "I have an idea of how to tire you out."

I raise a brow. "Oh yeah? Well, bring it on."

I jump up and race out of the room. I hear him coming after me. I let out a playful scream when he swiped me right up and tossed me on the bed. Instead of making love like I think he wants, he rolls on his side, and we end up talking for about two hours. Every so often, he touches my hair. We talk about things we want to do to the house, plans for the new tattoo shop, things that we want to see while we're here, but not once do I bring up the text he got.  The evening has been too good to ruin it now.
But it's still in the back of my mind.
I wait until he sleeps before I slip out from the bed to find his phone in the livingroom. Luck is with me, when I see that I still know his lock code. Sure enough, he has deleted any evidence that I would be able to find.
Unsatisfied, I leave the phone where I found it. Laying in bed, I try to pin point why I don't like her. Is it the the loveing way she looks at my husband?  Or is it the fact that she knows so much about him giving the fact that she was his therapist? I wonder if they have had sex? From the way she touches him so openly, the hugs, the hand on his shoulder, tells me yes. And not to mention, Lex was kinda a man whore before we began dating. I have no doubt that they have. And it drives me crazy. But I have to remember that the past is the past. I can't change that. But damn it! I really don't like her.

(Thank u guys for all the reads and votes and comments! U guys inspire me every time u comment so thank u!!)