Chapter 83

|||| so, you thought this would be easy? How funny! ||||
************************************
Mia
****
In the middle of eating lunch, Lex received a call and stepped away to take it. I sit at the table looking at the people around me. They have watched us ever since we walked in. Like we are criminals. I giggle to myself. Technically, Lex is. But I'm not.
I put on a show for the snooty older women, blowing Lex kisses across the table. Kicking off my shoe to run my foot up his leg to his crotch, knowing that the women were watching my display in horror. I don't care, really.  That's what they get for sticking their noses up at us like we are trash.
Lex returns to our table shortly and he seems irradiated about something.

"Who was that?" I ask carefully.

He doesn't make eye contact with me.
"No one. Just a business call."

"Okay?"

He finally glances at me. "What?"

My eyes widen, like 'Are you really asking me what, right now?'

I roll my eyes at him, beyond annoyed with him. We finish eating and then we stand to leave. On our way out, a place a hand on Lex's ass, as we walk out, I turn and give the rude ladies a wink.
As soon as we exit the building, Lex removes my hand from his rear, a little more hateful than what I wanted him too.
Once back in our room. I slip off my dress and stand in front of my husband in my sexy lingire. He doesn't seem to notice. In fact he is too busy on his phone. I clear my throat to gain his attention. It doesn't work.
Last night when we had made love, it was almost as if his mind was somewhere else. And that was starting to drive me crazy. I mean come on, we are on our honeymoon!
And it's coming to an end.
Only two more days.
And then back to the real world.
I sigh again trying to get him to notice me.
Enough is enough!
I stomp over and snatch his phone out of his hands and toss it in the chair.

"What the fuck?!" Lex expoldes.

My hands go to my hips and one of my brows goes up in my anger without my knowledge of it.

"That's exactly what I'm thinking! What is wrong with you?"

He stands to retrieve his phone, ignoring me completely.

"Umm... Excuse me? We're in the middle of a conversation here?!" I snap.

Without looking at me, he hisses, "No. We're not having a conversation, you're just bitching about nothing!"

A ball of rage hits me in the chest. How dare he! Oh no. This isn't how we're going to play this game. Before my mind can register what is going on. I race over and take his phone from him again. He attempts to take it back but I move it away. On the screen, is buildings in G.A. for sale in Savannah. I know he is looking for a new shop. But why can't that wait until later?

"Mia,  you're being childish!"

"Why are you so mad about me seeing your phone?" I yell. Not letting him have it back.

"I didn't care the other night when you snuck out to check it!"

Embrasment washes over my face but it's soon lost due to my anger.

"Of course, you didn't because you deleted everything, you asshole!"

"Because I knew you would look! And I wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of looking through my conversations! Fuck, don't you trust me by now!"

"Yes I trust you! But getting ride of your calls and messages just made it seem all the more suspicious! Like you are trying to hide something!"

"God, Mia! You know everything about me! How could I hide anything from you?!"

"Well,  you tried to hide the fact that Tiffany texted you the other day!"

He stops. Tosses his hands up and walks away. I should just let him go. Just let us have some time to calm down but I can't. I go after him into the livingroom. He stands out on the balcony overlooking the sea.

"It was her wasn't it?" I have to ask. 

He turns his head away from me. "Does it matter?"

"Yes! It matters! How could you ask me that?!"

He shrugs as if he could care less.

"Well,  sounds to me like you already know, so why should I have to say the words."

I know the man I married hasn't always made the right decisions in life. He has a hard time expressing his feelings and even more so when he is angry. He has hurt me before and I have hurt him. But never has he ever made me feel unequal to another woman. He, right now, is doing just that.
I stretch my arms back and with all my might I throw his phone into the waves. He can't believe it. He literally can not believe I just did that. The expression on his face is stunned. 

"There. Now have fun texting her, you motherfucking monster!"

My tears fall like two waterfalls. I wip my face. Locked in the bathroom. Refusing to let him in. Even when I think he is going to beat down the door. I just stand at the sink, looking at my reflection. I'm not sure it hurt this much when I thought he was dead. At least then, he was doing it so we could be together. But this... This is  a pain I have never felt. I'm so mad I could spit!
I strip my underwear off and start a bath. As I look in the mirror at my naked body, I notice that my breasts seem bigger. To my touch, they hurt. I must be getting ready to start. I pull out my birth control pills, to see what day I should start. Ive missed a pill. Just one pill. It must have been when I had fallen asleep after a long night of sex. One missed pill shouldn't cause anything? Should it?
God, help me.
I hear the door slam and it causes me to jump. I dip down into the water and my tears start to fall all over again. Did we make a mistake by getting married so soon?

(Oh boy. I don't even know what to say other than.... Oh boy!)