Chapter 41

♥ ♥ ♥ He will come for you. He always will but my darling, but sometimes you have to try to find your own armor and sword. ♥ ♥ ♥

************************************
Mia
****
My first taste of love making couldn't have been more perfect. I loved it and I love him. The night had taken a turn for the better. We laid there, wrapped up around each other under the nights sky. The gazebo floor ishard but I don't mind it while I rest my head of his shoulder. His arms keep me warm. And just as my eyes start to feel heavy, Oscar starts calling for him.

"Where are you two at?" Oscar calls.

Lex jumps up and yanks on his clothes. I stand to do the same. Lex zips up the back of my dress and then quickly slips on his shoes.

"Hey! What are you guys doing in that thing?" Oscar has found us.

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks. Lex is simply grinning from ear to ear. I swat his arm.

"Stop it! He'll know something's up."

He kisses my cheek. "It's not up anymore but I'm sure it could be."

I giggle just about the time Oscar walks up.

"You two are missing the party." Oscar gets a good look at us. "What happened to your hair, Mia? And your shirt, Lex?"

Lex rolls his eyes. "Run a long. We'll catch in a few."

Oscar shrugs and runs off. I try to tame my wild sex hair and Lex buttons his shirt. He gives my a pat on the bottom as we make our way back inside. Oscar was right the party is in full swing. Lex tells me to wait at the stairs and he will bring me something to drink. I watch him make his way to the table of glasses. I hold my breath when I see Nicki walk up behind him. I want to see what he does. How he will handle this situation. She places a hand on his shoulder and he spins around. The girl hangs all over him. He shrugs her off and then returns to me. I take the glass as he watches me with careful eyes.

"Did you see?" he asks.

I nod.

"Then you also saw me walk away?"

I nod again.  "Yes, I did. I thought you handled it well."

He huffs. "She made herself look like a fool."

"Yes, she did. But maybe now she will get the idea that you're taken."

He grins but also knits his brows. "Taken? Yeah. I guess I am. I just never realized how nice being 'taken' feels before. And I have to say that so far, I'm liking it."

For a while we dance. Not like at the night club, this is different. Classy. Chris has a hard time at it but Jessy keeps his spirits up with kisses and sweet words. Mawmaw surprises us all with the many dancing partners she finds. Even John gives in and spins her around a time or two. But other than that, John stands on the side of the room, watching everyone else. I feel sorry for him. He is so lonely.
Lex spins me and holds me close. I have so many thoughts racing around in my mind. All of them good, all of them happy. I feel like I'm dancing on the clouds. Nothing can touch us up here. After a while, I'm exhausted. Lex notices and whispers in my ear to head up to his room. He tells me he will follow shortly. He watches after me as I climb the stairs. A part of me doesn't want to leave him while Nicki is still here and another part says that I need to trust him. So, I do.
When I shut the door behind me, I don't even bother to turn on the light. It takes me several attempts and nearly dislocating my arms to unzip my dress. I leave it in a pile on the floor as I curl into Lex's bed. I try to wait for him. But soon I'm asleep.

A hand touches my hair. I smile before even opening my eyes. But his touch feels strange and when I open my eyes, I know why. It's not Lex.
Just as I suck in my breath to scream, I'm hit over head hard. Darkness takes me.
When I wake again, it's still dark, and I realize that I am in a trunk of a car. My hands are tied behind my back. My feet are tied too but not as tightly.  I wiggle them. Making to rope loosen. I bounce around, trying to do something, anything, but it's more out of frustration. Not again! Whoever this son of a bitch is, is really becoming a pain in the ass! I look around in the darkness. Something glows. A emergency tag to pull if you get locked in, is the only thing I can see. I turn on my side, trying to find it with my tied up hands, and then we hit a bump. It sends me up into the air. I land with a thud. Damn them!  I swear, when I get outta here....
My fingers grin onto it.  I pull with all my might. The trunk pops. I finish wiggling out of the ropes on my feet.  I use my head and shoulders to lift up the top. If I can just get the attention of someone driving behind us. But I see no head lights. The driver is speeding out if control. I can't jump out right now. I have to wait. The night air touches my skin and I realize I am only in my bra and panties. God, this is crazy! 
The car slows.
I ready myself. Half naked and hands tied behind my back.

"Hey! She's getting out!"

I hear someone but I don't waist time. I take my chance when it comes. My feet land on the pavement and I stop to see that the car had stopped at a light, obviously not wanting to draw too much attention to themselves while driving other than speeding. I run. Lord help me!  I can only imagine what an idiot I look like right now. Running down a street like this.
I head off the street when I hear the car spin around. My lungs burn. Branches from the trees and bushes sting my naked skin. I hear them yelling. But I don't stop running.

(Thank you guys for sticking with me and the story. It's been hard for me to find time to write. Heck, I haven't even had time to catch up on the stories I've been reading. I'll try to do better. Thank you all.)