Chapter 42

o=[]:::::> I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood. And I have no problem going out the same way. o=[]:::::::::>

************************************
Mia
****
I see light up ahead. A house. John mansion. My feet are cut by the hard ground. My lungs burn like fire. I keep going. Just a little ways more.  I reach the iron fence. They are close behind me. The house is emptying. People ready to go home. I want to call out for them but that would draw their attention to me too.  I have no choice but to climb up.  It's not too high but with my hands still tied, it's almost impossible. Somehow I manage.  But when I sling my legs over I cut my thigh, losing my balance, and I fall. I land hard with a thud. For a split second, I think that I might have rebroken my chest.
Fear, pure fear, keeps me from crying. That and the will to survive this. I hear their voices. I scramble to my feet. Every muscle in my body screams at me to stop. To rest. I can't, I have to keep going. I trip over a stepping stone. I glance back to see a face by the fence. I've seen him before. A handsome young guy, about Lex's age, but he is the exact opposite of Lex. Clean cut. The other races up beside him. And I turn away before I can see him. 

"Get her!"

With everything left in me I run. As hard and as fast as I can. I reach the French doors. Just when the guy grabs me. He holds me around my middle and I scream as loud as possible.

"Hey! Let her go! You son of a bitch!"

Jessy comes out of nowhere. She pounces on his back. He drops me hard on the ground. With ease, the man flips Jessy over his shoulder and she lands beside me. She doesn't move. It's now that I take a chance to look up into the man's face. And I'm every once of air leaves me.

"Get the fuck up!" Nate hisses.

He reaches for me. I kick at him. Jessy, I have to help Jessy! He pulls me up to my feet. Somewhere between thoughts of Nate's betrayal and Jessy laying unconscious on the ground, I lose it. I lean back and kick him as hard as I can, right in the balls. Nate falls, trying to breathe, and gagging.

"Help me!" I scream to a waiter that has come to see what all the fuss is about. 

Nate lays on his side. I wanna beat the shot out of him, but I can't leave Jess.  Suddenly, I'm yanked up to my feet. It's the one who looks so familiar. He pulls back his hand and I wince, knowing that the blow will hurt. 

"You put one hand on her and I'll put a bullet between your eyes!"

Good Lord, it's Mawmaw! With gun!

"Let her go!" she says.

He is so quick, I don't even feel him snatch a gun out from behind his back. He points it to my head.

"Go ahead, Granny. Let's see who can pull the trigger first? Why don't you just put it down now."

Mawmaw blinks away her tears.
"Okay," she says, trying to keep calm. "Okay but please, just let her go."

"I won't let her go. But I tell ya what, you can come with us, or I can put a bullet in your head? Which one?"

Mawmaw lowers her eyes. She will come along. But Jessy.....
Nate stands finally, still in pain, but it's not enough to keep him from lifting Jessy over his shoulder. I should have just stayed in the damn trunk. Now all three of us are in very real danger.
It's doesn't take long to return to the car, Nate's car. I am forced back into the trunk while Mawmaw and an unconscious Jess are pushed into the back seats.

I don't know where we're going but I know this isn't going to end well.

~*~
Lex
****
The text message to my phone says to be at a warehouse in an hour. Jess is missing. Mia has be taken. And I'm about to come unhinged. I can't take much more. Chris and I jump into my car. I have no idea where Nate is.

"We're coming too," Oscar stands next to my father, in front of my car, blocking my way out. 

"No!" I snap.

"Yes! Yes, we are."

"I don't have time for this shit now! I said no!"

"Then you might as well let us come along son. We're just as much a part of this as you are."

I roll my eyes. "Hurry up!"

Once inside, my father tells me, "I have half a dozen of my men on there way."

"Oscar," I say. "You don't leave this car. You understand?"

"But-"

"No buts! You don't leave this car."

He must realize that now isn't the time to test me. For the rest of the drive everyone stays silent. But worry is killing me.

~.*.~
Mia
****
The slap nearly knocks me off my feet.

"Leave her alone!"

It's Jessy. She woke up a while ago. She and Mawmaw are tied up in the far corner of the warehouse. Nate is the one who has hit me.

"I knew the moment I saw, that night at that party, you were a whore. I saw the way you wanted to fuck Lex and I know that you did. Now, it's my turn."

He yanks me up. I feel weak, unable to fight him. I want to fight and I will. Though I know I am no match to his strength. When I start to struggle, he slaps me again and again. He touches my body, I try to pull away. He rips my bra off my chest. I feel embarrassed but I have no time to be. I kick my legs, which is pointless, considering he is behind me. He uses his weight to keep me pressed over the table.
The other guy has vanished.

"Don't you touch her you basturd!"

Mawmaw and Jess's yells echo in the warehouse. In my ears. I refuse to cry, I won't give him the satisfaction. I just pray he gets it over with, that it doesn't last too long. And for everything I'm worth, I will fight him to the end. He may take me, but by God, he won't be able to enjoy it!
Just when he reaches to rip my panties off of me, the door to the warehouse opens. Nate is so consumed with his disgusting lust that he doesn't even notice this. It isn't until Lex spears him to the ground that, Nate finally realizes he has been caught. Chris is there next. Helping me, covering my nakedness with his jacket. John is busy letting the other women free. 
When I turn around it's to see Lex on top of Nate. Beating him terribly. I expect Chris to stop Lex but he doesn't, he just stands beside me, watching Lex have his way with Nate. I understand, I really do. But Lex is going to kill him!

"Stop, please stop! Lex! No!"

Now I start to cry.

"I'll kill him! I swear to God, I will!"

Lex is winded but doesn't stop hitting him. I step away from Chris, I reach down and touch Lex's shoulder.

"Lex, I need you now. Leave him!"

Lex freezes. He stands and wraps his arms around me.

"Mia, he deserves to die! Look what he has done to you, what he was doing when I walked in! I'll kill him!"

I touch his cheeks. "I know you will, it's not for him, that I stopped you, it's for you."

He looks into my face and I see the rage come to him again, when he sees the marks on my face. I've never seen him like this, I've never seen me like this, but now as long as he is here, everything is alright.

"My, my.... What a sweet picture."

The voice comes from the entrance of the warehouse. The one who looked so familiar stands beside an older man, that I have never seen before. Along with are about ten men, holding guns, pointing directly at us. This had all been there plan, I was the bate, they didn't care if Nate rapped me while I was here, just as long as Lex came to save me. They had known he would come for me, no matter what. They used me against him.
Lex takes my hand, his is covered in Nate's blood, and he pushes me behind him. He shields me from the danger, protecting me. I understand now more than ever why Lex had warned me off, so long ago, in a way, I think he had known all this would happen in the end.

(Okay guys, I know I've said this a lot lately but it's really been hard to find time to write. A lot has been happening but I'm not giving up on my story or any of the ones I'm reading, it's just that I have so much to do and so little time to read and write but I'm not giving up! Hope everyone enjoys this!  Love you guys!)