Chapter 94

《《《 If it's worth having, it's worth fighting for. 》》》
************************************
Lex
****
I see her before anyone else does. I don't know why Tiffany is here and I don't care. Enough is enough. I didn't want to have to hurt her feelings but this is strating to really piss me off. But I don't want to cause a scene in front of everyone. So, as calmly as I can, I walk to her, grab her by the arm, and spin her right back outside.

"You don't have to be so rough, ya know?" She snaps.

"Apparently, I do. What the fuck are you doing here?" I hiss.

For a split second, I glance inside. Mia and Jess sees me. Mia eyes me, I can almost see the flames in her eyes. And Jess's too. I swear pissing off a pregnant woman is dangerous. And right now, I have two of them shooting sparks of anger at me. And this isn't even my fault! It's not as if I asked for her to be here today.

"Lex, listen, I just wanted to congratulate you on your grand opening! The place looks wonderful, really it does. I'm so proud-"

I hold up a hand to stop her. "I appreciate it but it is unnecessary.  You knew that by you showing up here was only going to cause trouble."

Again, I glance in at my wife, who currently making her way to us, right this second.

"Can I help it if she hates me? I have done nothing expect be nice to her and yet she still-"

My eyes dart back at Tiffany.

"Nice to her?! The only thing you have done is give hell in one way or the other. At first I thought your intentions on helping me out with finding this place were good, turns out, I was wrong. You know me well enough by now to know I'm no fool. You continue to stick your nose in places it doesn't belong. I told you to let me think about this building because it had been something I wanted to do with Mia. Not you. And what did you do? You pushed it on me, even though it was in the perfect spot, I still told you that I would let you know something once I had spoken to Mia. And you went and called about this building anyway. Do you have any idea the trouble you caused for our honeymoon, all because you wouldn'tleave well enough alone! And for What? Because you still wanted me?! I hadnt seen you in nearly a year before you found out that I was involved with her! You must not have wanted me that bad! Really, I think it all comes down to the fact that you want what you can't have."

"Lex, please, I love you!" She starts to cry.

In my anger, I don't even hear Mia opening the door and stepping out to stand behind me. I have no idea she is there.

"Love me? You don't know how to love anyone other than yourself! What we did, was wrong but it can't be changed either. I was a kid when I was with you and you a grown woman! That wasn't love! That was just fucking! And it really only caused more damage! I had never been in love in my life, until I met her! She is everything I ever needed. She's faithful, kind, and loyal to a fucking fault! She is everything that you wish you were and that's why you hate her! 
I had hoped that you had gotten the idea the last time we saw each other, I guess not. So, let explain this now, if you ever show up here or around my family again, I will end your career and your reputation. Don't ever forget who I am or what I'm capable of!"

It's only when I've finished that Mia stands next to me, taking my hand in hers. And it's then that I realize everyone in the shop is now looking at us at the window. So much for not causing a scene. Tiffany is red faced by embarrassment and rage. While Mia and I both remain cool and calm.

"I hate you! Both of you! If you think that this little bitch will ever be able to handle the demons inside you, then you are a fool! As soon as she see the real you, she will bolt, probably taking  every bit of money you have. And I can't wait for that day! Then you will see how right I am, Lex. Then you will come back to me."

Mia squeezes my hand. Before I can speak, Mia lashes out at her.

"You are a jackass, do you realize that? Do you really think that there is anything about this man that I don't know? Ha! Remember, honey, I'm his wife and you're just some whore he use to bang. He might have told somethings about himself when he was younger but that doesn't mean you know who he is now. And as far as his demons go, they don't scare me, I like to dance with them, the way he dances with mine. You're just a sad lonely woman who will end up all alone in the end. I feel sorry for you, really. The only way you will ever get him is over my dead body."

I pleasantly surprised by the way Mia stood her ground. Tiffany looks between us and then down to Mia's bump. And I begin to shake with powerful rage. If she says one thing about our child, I don't know what I might do.

"I hope that bastared child of yours grows up to be just as fucked up as the both of you! Better yet, maybe you'll miscarry and the world will be better off!"

She turns to leave, before I can help myself I grabe her arm, and spin her back around. And the next thing I know Tiffany is laid out on the side walk. Mia decked her before I could do or say anything. Mia's tiny body shakes, her breathing out of control, and just like that my anger is gone and now replaced with worry for my wife and child. I take Mia by the hand and lead her back inside. Mawmaw is fighting against my father who is trying to calm her down. Mawmaw wants a piece of Tiffany too. So, does Jess.
I lead Mia back to my office. Sit her down and find her a bottle of water. Her face is blank, and then suddenly, she laughs. In a mad sorta way.

"Mia?" I whisper.

She looks me in the eye, very serious now. "I'll kill her, Lex. So, help me God, I will."

"I know. I understand, baby. I do. I thought for a moment I was going to break her neck for what she said."

Mia stands from the chair. And begins pacing back and forth. "She crossed a line. Be hateful to us, fine, but my child, I will kill her."

She is in a crazed state and I know better than to try and calm her down right now. She is liable to race back out there and beat the shit outta her. If she weren't in this condition right now, I wouldn't care, but I have to think of our baby.

" And you!" She suddenly is standing right in front of me, pointing her finger at me. For a moment I think she is going to slap me, why I'm not sure, probably because of how angry she is. But no. Instead, she kisses me, hard.

I lean back to look at her. And she is smiling. I raise a brow.

"Okay, I'm confused. What did I do?"

She giggles. "I heard what you said to her. Maybe not the entire conversation but the parts that matter. And I adore you for it. You took up for me and our marriage. I couldn't want anyone any better!"
And she kisses me again.
What starts out so innocent turns into a heated make out, which turned in hot passion, and neither of us caring who was just outside my office door.