Chapter 80

~♥~I may never be the best, but I promise I will love you with all my heart ~♥~
************************************
Mia
****
"It is my pleasure, to introduce to you all, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander D'Amore!"

Lex takes my hand, he has to drag me into the tent. A part of me, just wants to run away somewhere with him. Let them have the party and cake. All I want is to be alone with him. My husband.
The crowd claps and cheers as we step inside. Everything is so beautiful. The flowers, the decorations, even the dishes are elegantly beautiful. I feel like a princess, in so many ways, my dreams have come true. I have to love of my life beside me and my friends and family around me. What more could a girl ask for?
Lex helps me into my seat. Beside me, Jess is grinning from ear to ear. And so is Chris and Oscar, who are sitting next to my husband.
Husband.
I'm a married woman!
It hardly seems real.
The food is amazing.
Being in a Italian family, it's only natural that we would enjoy some amazing, Italian food.
Pasta, salad, fresh baked bread with fluffy butter, so much food, I can't taste it all. 
Half way through the meal, Jess stands.
"So, I'm supposed to make some kind of speech. Here it is. I've known Mia since we were little kids. In a lot of ways her home became my home. I remember when we use to play pretend that we were getting married in the attic of Mawmaws house. It was only make believe then, and now here she is. Married. I knew that from the moment Mia saw Lex that day, they would end up together. He's a wild one, but somehow they made it work. To see the way you two care about each other is inspiring. You two have been through a lot since you've met but here you are now. I have no doubt that you two will be able to make through what ever comes your way. I hope you have a happy and long life together. Cheers," she raises her glass.

After a sip, I reach out and squeeze her hand. She kisses my cheek and then Chris stands.

"After that, I really don't know what to say. But I will say this. I never thought I'd see this day. I knew Mia was special. And we all know it would take a special person to tie down Lex. Mia, you turned out to be that person. And I'm thrilled to say that your now like a sister to me. Welcome into our crazy family."

I smile at Chris. Loving his speech too.   The slight teasing from both Jess and Chris about how wild Lex is was just enough without being too much. Lex leans over to kiss my cheek. I notice Tiffany watch us carefully. I look away from her gaze. I don't know what it is about her but I just have a strange feeling about her. I can't shake it.
After cutting the cake and some last minute pictures, I sneak upstairs to change into my after wedding dress and head back downstairs to meet Lex.
Our guest have stayed to send us off but not before John hands Lex an envelope. And inside are two tickets to Fiji. My jaw drops.
I jump into John's arms and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you so much!"

He pats Lex on the shoulder. "You two have fun and be safe."

"We will." Lex says. For a brief second, I see a touch of moisture in Lex's eyes.  And then John opens his arms to give Lex a hug.

"Thank you, dad."

"You're welcome, son. You've done good. I'm so proud of you and Mia."

They keep their voices low but I'm close enough to hear them. It's a touching moment. And then Tiffany is standing beside me, when the opportunity to hug Lex comes she takes it. And then she turns to me, giving me an awarkward side hug too. Before we leave I say goodbye to mawmaw and Jess. They both promised to watch after Oscar until we return. Oscar is disappointed to not be going with us but wishes us a good time anyway.
After the flower petals are toss on us we make our way to the car.
Finally, alone.
We kiss for a long while.
And then it hits me.

"Did you know about Fiji?" I ask excited.

He grins, his excitement is plan to see too.

"No, I really didn't. I had plans on going somewhere soon but I.... Baby, we're going to Fiji!"

The giddy feeling bubbles up in my chest. This is the best day of my life! The best.

But the surprises don't stop.  After our trip to the airport, I realize that I don't have anything pack for Fiji. And then, Milo, who is driving us. Explains that Jess and Chris packed our bags for us while we weren't looking. Those little rascals!
Milo helps us with our bags and then leaves us at the airport. We end up taking a private plane. Due to not being completely alone, I don't feel comfortable having sex for the first time as a married couple with other people so close.  Lex settles for a makeout session instead, at least for now.
Somewhere over another country I fall asleep in his arms. I'm a little surprised to find that I'm quite comfortable. Lex sleeps too. We wake to the sounds of the speakers telling us that we will soon arrive.
We take a short break in Australia both getting on another mini plane that will fly us to the Island.
Lex and I get in and he helps me put on the ear muffs for the ride. The pilot  joins us and makes sure we are safely sitting in our seats before we take off. This whole experience is amazing. I've never been in a plane like this and apparently Lex is having the time of his life too.
We both laugh as we look at each realizing how awesome this is. It doesn't take long for us to make it to the island. The time change is crazy. It's early in the morning here and night back in L.A.
I'm exhausted but so excited sleep will be impossible. When we get off the plane, a man is waiting for us to take us to our resort. And I can hardly believe my eyes. We arrive at the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The water here is crystal blue. The air is warm but not hot yet, I'm sure it will be later on. And we the man shows us to our room, we find that it's not a room at all. It's a house standing in the ocean. The only way to get off is by the dock. Literally a beautiful house with the perfect view.
Lex and I stand at the dock, looking at it and then looking at each with the biggest of smiles.

(Hope everyone enjoys this. More honeymoon to come.)