Chapter 25

☜☆☞I'm not a princess. I'm a freaking rockstar. ☜☆☞

************************************
Mia
****
"Welcome home, Mr. D'Amore."

My eyes dart to the man who had opened the door for us. He is an older man in a black suit and tie. He has kind eyes and a pot belly.

"Thanks, Milo. This is Mia Martinez, my.... " Lex can't finish and I wait for him too. Wondering what he will call me. "My..... Girlfriend."

My heart swells.

Milo's eyes widen when Lex's gives me the title. Then he gives me a gentle smile.

"It's lovely to meet you, Miss Martinez."

I shake the man's hand. "Please, just Mia."

He nods his head but I have a feeling that he will continue to call me by my last name anyway. It's strange how everyone is suddenly using my last name and treating me so formally. Milo leads us farther inside. My eyes wander around but I listen to Lex as he speaks to Milo.

"Is he here?" Lex asks.

"No, sir. He left this morning and he has not returned yet. I will be glad to let you know just as soon as he returns, sir."

So damn formal. I understand that Milo works for Lex's family but still.

"Thank you, Milo. I can show her the way. Go and rest yourself."

Lex places a hand on the man's shoulder. Milo grins and leaves us. Lex takes my hand and leads me down the hall. I try my best to take in everything but there is just too much. Fresh flowers sit in vases on Cherry wood tables down the hall. Paintings of beautiful places hang in massive frames on the walls. Everything about this place screams class.

"Why are we here? I thought you wanted to go to the pool?" I say.

He grins. "We are going to the pool."

He pulls me behind him but then stops at a set of doors. He opens them and gently pulls me inside. Like every other part of the house I have seen so far, this room doesn't disappoint. The indoor, massive, pool looks more like a piece of art than a place to swim. Lex flips a switch, music comes on. Then he turns a knob and the lights begin to change colors. I bat my eyes at him. He is setting the mood. And the effect is cause my heart to race.

"You can change in the room," he says as he points to a door.

I head that way and shut the door behind me. I sit my bag from Jessy down. I lean against the door and stair at the bag. Stop being stupid Mia, I say to myself. He has seen you completely naked. Why be worried about him seeing you in a skimpy bathing suit? I need to stop this over thinking. I have always over thought everything all my life. And now.....
I mean, for goodness sakes, I'm the girlfriend of a freaking gang leader! I can't keep being afraid of everything. I have two options. I can either, walk out embraced of the way I look or I can fake how I feel and walk out like a boss and own it.
So, I slip on the tiny bikini, adjust my boobs, and walk out in my best runway strut. He stands off to the side. His eyes follow me as I walk around the side of the pool. My sturt fails me and I trip over my two left feet. Luckily, Lex is there to catch me before I face plant the floor.

"Easy there," he chuckles.

My face is in flames!

"Ya know me, little Miss grace."

He helps me upright. I try to hide my red face but I know he can see it anyways. Once I'm over my embarrassment I finally take notice of the fact that Lex is in his black swimming shorts. Chest bare and showing all his beautiful ink. My hands run over his decorated skin. Before I lose myself, I move out of his arms and slowly into the water. I stand waist deep in the water before he follows me.

"Where did she buy your bathing suit?" he asks suddenly.

I swing around. "She didn't buy it! She brought it from my house."

He doesn't buy my lie. "Then why is the price tag still on it?"

I gasp and reach around to try and find the tag. He takes my hips and turns me away from him. He takes the tag off then tosses it to the side of the pool.

"You didn't have to buy a new bikini for me."

He lets me go and glides back into the water. With a pleased grin on handsome face.

"I didn't. I just haven't worn it before, that's all."

He rolls his eyes. "You can't bullshit a bullshitter, baby. At least, not this one."

I giggle. Holding my nose, I dip down into the water. When I come back up, I rub my eyes. When I open them, Lex is standing close to me. I feel his arms around my waist and he pulls me against his chest. My legs wrap around his waist. I rest my head on his shoulder as he walks me around the pool.

"You haven't said very much today. Are you alright?"

I nod.

"Please, talk to me. Say anything. Just something."

I sigh. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Tell me, how you're feeling?"

I grin. "I feel wonderful."

"What are you thinking about?"

"How sexy you look," I say.

"Out of the two of us..... You look far more sexy than I right now."

He kisses the top of my head. It's now that I realize how truly sweet that is. Innocent yet it still causes my heart to race.

"I wish I knew what you were thinking about all the time. It certainly would make my life easier."

"It would make mine easier too."

"Are you scared?" he asks.

"Yes," I answer honestly.

"Of me?"

I shake my head. "Not anymore. I was at the beginning but not anymore."

He likes that answer but then his brows frown. "Mia, I will keep you safe, I promise."

I squeeze him tighter.

"I know you will. But who is gonna protect you?"

(Okay, so..... I do apologize for not having updated in a while. I am currently out of town and starting a new job so my brain is kinda fried right now. I'm not 100% happy with this chapter. I'm sure that I have many typos, please over look them. I have a lot going on right now. But please, don't give up on this book, I have great plans for it. I plan on updating again sometime this weekend. Thank you. Xoxo)