Chapter 21

"."."." She is a storm. Not the kind you run from. But the kind you run in "."."."

************************************
Mia
****
"Lex, please slow down!"

My heart is still racing. Between my fight, the gun shots, and now his driving, I might just have a heart attack. I look over at him again. And I just now notice the blood on his arm.

"Oh my God! You've been shot!"

His eyes don't leave the road.

"I'm fine. Not the first time I've been shot, ya know?"

Yes. I do know. But still.....

"We need to get you to a hospital."

He chuckles. "I'll get it checked out later on. But are you okay?"

Surprisingly, I am okay. At least, I am, now that my heart has slowed down.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Minutes later, he pulls into a parking lot behind an apartment building. The parking lot is gated and he had to put in a code to let us in.

"Where are we?" I ask as I look out my window to the building.

"My place."

He then jumps out and comes around to open my door. I hesitate in stepping out.

"Why are we here? I thought you were taking me home?"

He hurries me along. "I'm not leaving you alone while things are so crazy. I'll explain more later. But for now I want you to stay here."

I don't argue. Not while he is dragging me into the elevator. The look on his face is so focused. And I know he must be in some pain. I look at the drops of blood that spot the floor at my feet.

"Come on," he says as the doors open.

He pulls me behind him and stops at a door. Another code. And then he turns a key. This place is big on security it seems. And with Lex's occupations I can see why he lives here. It's safe. He opens the door and steps inside. I follow, then stop in my tracks. He quickly locks the door behind us. But I barely hear it. My eyes are too focused on the size of this apartment. It's like something out of a magazine. Clean and beautifully furnished. Art work hangs on the walls. Totally Lex's style.
All skulls and roses.
Yet, still beautiful.
The apartment is expensive looking and I feel out of place standing in his livingroom. Lex walks past, telling me to make myself comfortable. He then leaves to go into the kitchen. I look around again for just a minute before I decide to follow him. He is standing at the sink. I marvel at the size of his kitchen. I would love the chance to cook in here. But right now, I head towards the man who is washing blood off his inked arm.

"Here, let me help you."

I clean his arm carefully. I dry it and look at his wound. It's a nice clean cut. The bullet grazed him. I hold pressure to stop the bleeding while I reach for the bandages he has layed out.

"You're going to make this a habit, if you're not careful."

I give him a questioning look. He grins.

"Helping out a shot up men."

I giggle despite the situation. "I wouldn't have to if you'd stop getting shot."

His gaze softens. "What can I say? I like that I have a beautiful girl to fix me up."

I blush and my hands begin to shake. It's the first time he has called me beautiful. The blood in my veins feels like its on fire.

"You're not use to being told you're beautiful, are you?"

My already red face turns redder.

"Mia, you're so beautiful that sometimes it's hard for me to breath around you." I look up to him. And for the life of me I can't look away. "You've got the clearest blue eyes, I've ever seen." He reaches up and rubs his thumb over my bottom lip. "And these pink lips are the sweetest I have ever tasted." Then his hand reaches around to grip my behind. "And you have the sexiest, tightest, ass...." He stops. And then he lets my ass go. He then cups my cheek. My eyes still looked with his. "But you're not just beautiful on the outside. The more I get to know you, the more I see how.... how beautiful you are on the inside too."

My heart melts. His words and the way he said them, it makes me want to jump in his arms and never let him go. I want him. To the point of my entire body burning with this need to have him.

"Lex, I-"

His phone rings.

"Hold on."

He answers it. I finish his bandage and he walks away from me. But I listen closely while cleaning up the mess he left at his sink.

"No, I don't think it would have been her. I had her taken out before the shots were fired. And Nicki doesn't like guns anyway."

Is he defending her? Not that I had even thought it would have been her but...she is kinda crazy. Then again, I had been the one to attack her.

"But what will Jason say about that? He is expecting us tonight. Are you sure you want me to wait?"

I want to know what's going on.

"Alright. Yes, she's fine. She's with me."

Whoever it is knows that I'm with him. Who is he talking to?

"I'll take her home when I think it's safe too."

When he thinks it's safe?
The call is ended and Lex returns to the kitchen.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah. Just dealing with some business."

"Am I part of that business?"

He cracks a grin. "I knew you were listening in on me. My father just was checking in, making sure we were alright."

I nod. "He checks on you allot."

"Too much, sometimes."

He moves in closer. Then takes my hand. He pulls me along behind him to a hall. He opens a door and shows me inside.

"You're welcome to sleep in here. A bathroom is just through that door."

I look around the room and then back to him.

"Where do you sleep?" I ask nervously.

"Across the hall."

I walk past him and open the door to his room. The walls are white and the bed is unmade. Lex stands at the door, watching me as I look at his room. The one thing I have noticed about his place is that he has nothing personal on his walls. No pictures. No posters. Just the art.

"Bathroom?" I ask as I point to a door.

He nods. I walk into his massive bathroom. In the mirror I see that he is still watching me. I know he is wondering what I am doing. Before I lose my nerve, I lift the bottom of my shirt over my head. My eyes meet his in the mirror. His eyes widened. I reach around and unclip my bra and just before the cups of my bra show too much, I shut the door with me foot.

(Teasing Mia! I love it! Hope you all do too. Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Things have been so busy for me. So sorry. Please forgive any typos, I have had a LONG day. Anyways. Please vote and comment!!)