Let you go

I looked in the mirror fixing my hair and decided to pull it back half way.

I wash up and head back to the table.

Out of nowhere , someone grabs my arm and pulls me into a dark part of the restaurant. It's Jared. I can tell by his cologne.

" What are you doing here ?"

He covers my mouth and speaks in my ear.
" Why did you act like that ? You hurt me. ".

" I brought her here  to divert your attention off of us. We can't do this anymore. I'm in love with someone else. I'm sorry. But that's how I feel ".

He moved his hand and looked genuinely crushed. I couldn't lie. It was Shannon that had my attention. I never intended to use Jared. I was simply caught up in the rush of how i felt in those moments.  Call it fleeting desire if you must.

" Shannon ? Is it him ?" 

I shook my head yes and he backed away. 

" I still wanna spend time with you and be friends. ".

" I can't just be friends with you , I can't. I fell for you and now you tell me this? I need to leave. You two enjoy lunch. I can't be here right now.  "

" Jared ! Don't go please. ".

His mind was made up.

" Kim I hope we can meet again next time your in town. I have to go , business waits"

He kissed her cheek and left.

I should have told him earlier. But he was always busy an so was I.

I can't let him go. Not like this.

I ran out after him and grabbed his shirt.

" What ! I told you I'm leaving. "

" I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you. I mean that. Those moments mean a lot to me. I think your great but I think maybe that you deserve better "

" I had the best , but she decided to go find someone else .  I have to go ". 

I wasn't done.

I got in his car and closed the door locking it.

" What are you doing ?" 

" I wanna know we are ok ? I don't like it when someone is mad at me. Jared cmon please?" 

He sat there stubborn and not talking.

I leaned over to kiss his neck when he moved and our lips collided. He moved his left hand onto my neck letting his tongue push past my lips. God He made it hard to pull away. But I had to.

" I'm sorry , but my heart is with someone else. Bye Jay ". 

I got out and went to meet up with Kim again.

" He seems  nice ? You ready to order ?" 

I sat down and knew the perfect gal for Jay. It was just all about the right moment. As I got to know him , I picked up on his awkwardness, his hesitance In approaching women. He wasn't your typical smooth operator. I had the perfect  idea how to get him to perspire Kim Instead of me.

I called his cell and he picked up still acting grumpy.

" Hey so how about we all go hiking tonight? You down for that ?"  

He grumbled a little bit , but soon agreed.

Tonight I was gonna play the matchmaker. This was gonna be fun.