Midnight magic

Shannon's POV

She's here in my bed and watching a movie with me. Part of me wants to hold back. The other is dying to let her inside that part of my heart that I closed.

The way she smells is intoxicating to my senses. I can't pinpoint exactly  what it is , but that's not important right now. Time with her is all I want and care about.

She mentioned that she's leaving tomorrow morning with Travis. I should go , but I know there's no attraction there between the two. I'm not the jealous type anyhow. I trust her also him. 

Speak of the devil. He's calling.

" What's up ?" 

She glances up at me and smiles.

" Is that Travis ?"

I shake my head yes & she turns back over to watch the movie again.

"I'm gonna have to cancel the trip. Something bigger came up. You and I must take a trip to Cancun. Found out a buyer wants to invest in the brand , great news right ?" 

I nudge her and  she smacks my arm then whispers " What ?" 

"You wanna tell her , or should I ?" 

" She's there? Ooooh yea I forgot. Yeeaaaaa,  lets get this over with ".

I hand her the phone then step away from the bed, telling her I would be back in a bit.

I'm hungry for a snack. Chips and dip. And maybe a cold beer.

The bed frame suddenly slams up against the wall. I drop the bowl and bolt back into the room , thinking that she fell or is hurt.  Nope,  I'm wrong , she's just pissed  at Travis. I'm gonna come back after they're  done. I'm not getting involved in that shit.

Screaming starts it gets even worse. I'm pretty sure someone will call the cops if she doesn't calm down.

I head back in , she's off the phone. Do I dare ask if she's ok ? Oh god , here goes. 

" You ok ? Want to talk about it ?" 

" No! I wanna sleep I don't want to talk. No ".  She laid back down and turned away from me. Well then that's that.

Thanks Travis,  for ruining my chance to get laid.

Ahah! I know what will make her feel better.

I turn off the lights and get back in bed.  I reach and feel around on her body. She pushed my hand away.

Ugh !

" Stop ! I'm not in the mood ". She's silent for the rest of the night. 

I can't sleep for some strange reason. I know she hurting about the trip and that gives me another great idea , one that will make all this better. 

I shoot a text to Travis, asking him for the details of the investor.

Seconds later , he responds. Now the start of my plan is about to unfold. He wants to ruin our night , I'm gonna make sure his morning sucks too. Payback buddy. Not cool. 

I call up the office & it goes to voice mail. Perfect!

I leave a brief message to explain that I will need to reschedule, due to conflicting business affairs. I apologized and sent it off. 

Goodnight world for now. Tomorow we will be relaxing in Barbados. I can already feel the beach under my feet.