The end of this life

It's a gloomy day in Los  Angeles California. Rain isn't common here at all.  But today of all days , the rain was comfort to my hearting heart. A few months after we all returned home , I came back to work and Travis and I had just left a meeting when I received a urgent call , from a number I didn't recognise. I tried to think about whom had gotten my number and why they were calling me I've and over  again. I finally answered it and what the person on the or he line told me, killed me within seconds.  All I remember were the words " I'm so sorry mam , but I've found your husband dead in his car by my house hes been in a awful accident ."  Silence filled my ears after that point. My nightmare came true. I wasn't there when he died. Why ?

I set down the phone and stared silently into space. I couldn't feel Travis shaking me asking me if I was ok. I just wanted to be with Shannon. I closed my eyes pretending it was a bad dream and I would wake up and see his beautiful face and feel his breath on my lips as I kissed him. I prayed with all my heart , "God take me away if he's really dead. There's no living without the other part of my heart in this lonely world.  Don't torcher  me, leaving me here never to see him again , hear his voice ,touch his skin. Take me too....take me too" 

"JULIE!DAMIT wake up stop mumbling we have to go now !"   He picks me up and carries me into his SUV laying me I'm the back seat covering me with a blanket. He knew that when shock of the news of Shannon would set in , I would be a big mess.

We shortly took off and arrived at the sight where Shannon had been discovered. I didn't wanna even look and see him in that car. Leave me with image of his eyes wide open not closed.  "Oh fuck ! Theres an ambulance here and it looks bad babe.  I'm so sorry. "  He was my best friend he would never lie to me , I knew it was bad if he said it was. 

I slowly sat up and my blood drained from my body. I saw Shannon laid down on the ground and the men were covering his body with a white sheet. I never got to say good bye. That tore my world apart. I reached for Travis's hand and he pulled me into a tight hug.  I lost it.  I walked over to Shannon and kissedband whispered " I love you and I will miss you so badly everyday " I touched his hand and raised it to my cheek and wished it would move ,but it never did. I let it down again into his chest and backed away as they covered him again. I watched them take him away and I dropped down to my knees as the sky unleashed a turentual downpour onto my grieving body. Travis never left my side that day , or then after. That was the darkest day of my life. Today of all days was the anniversary of the first day I met him. That fateful day my car broke down and he, like a knight in shining armour saved me. The moment i looked in his eyes I ...just knew he would have a deep impact on me.  And he always will , even knowing  I will never hear his sweet voice again , in sprirt he will be with me. My happily ever after , we shall meet again someday soon.

Kim and Jared went on to have the dream life they had always wanted. She went on to become a famous clothing designers assistant and soon after developed her own line of fashionable goods. Shoes purses you name it she made it lookk spectacular.  She ended up having two boys , Joseph Riley and Jackson Allen Leto. Jared took over his boss company and they moved into their dream home in the West coast. And of course one house in Rome.  They never left each other side for one day. I was deeply happy for them both. 

Travis and I decided to move in together and it was the best decision for us both. The coffee companies merged as Shannon and I planned but it didn't feel the same. But i one deep in my heart , I had to keep his , our dream alive.  And that's what I did. 

The end