Breathing space

Jareds POV

This food smells magnificent I must say.  I have the pleasure of two beautiful women and the night is young.  I had only planned on having dinner with Kim , but things changed  ,when Travis called me , begging me to take Julie and give her a break from taking care of Shannon. I gotta say though ,  I was pissed  she never asked me for  help herself. Then later on I understood why she hadn't reached out.

" Are you sure I shouldn't call the hospital just to  make sure hes ok? He might need something. I can call real..."  She reached in for her phone  I quickly haulted her,  grabbing her hand back onto the table.  This was gonna stop right now.

" No! You hear me, He's fine! Travis is there with him,  he's ok.  Now eat before your food gets cold "  I sound  like a dad right now. I didn't care,  she needed to have breathing space and not be so wrapped up in him being sick.  The waitress poured us all more white wine and Kims  second   salad had arrived.  She wasn't a meat eater either so I had good company. Julie however , she loved the stuff why, I was clueless. One of these days I'm  gonna teach her the vegan ways. 

" I'm not hungry honestly. I'm so sorry I just can't stop worrying about him. I can go home if you two wanna have a private date night "   Her face was breaking my heart. She reminds of mom when us kids were sick. Never one to put herself or her needs before ours. So selfless like  Shannon too.  Now I see why him and Julie  connected so deep. Maybe I was being to hard on her.

" Why don't we go take a boat ride tonight ? I know someone who would take us , how about it ? "  Kim said smiling rubbing my arm.  This cutie was gonna be my wife one day. I had really fallen for her.  I never  thought,  I would find someone,  who would consume my heart & soul , like she had in such short amount of time. Beautiful blue eyes like mine. Long  slender fingers , skin so  soft.  One touch , my whole body went into a blissful state of happiness.

" I'm game , let's finish eating and go for boat ride. Great idea my beauty. "  I winked at her and smiled , making her porcelain skin blush with a shade of peach. How lucky am I to have such a Angel to love like her.  I never took it for granted. 

As we all enjoy this meal , I swipped the card leaving a fat tip and off we went. Stepping to the door , I spun Kim around, kissing her deep feeling her fingers  brush across my face. Soon after we set off   to the docks for a peaceful rest of the night.