Here comes trouble

Shannons POV

This stuff is nasty. Yuck! Why must I be tortured by this non sense? My doctors have no idea how hard it is not to let everything just come flying out of my stomach. I can't eat or keep even the smallest morsel down. It's frustrating! Ugh! I'm trying not to complain , but I'm forced to take two these two horse pills twice a day. No I don't have the option to refuse them. Believe me I tried.

Julie is fast asleep next to my bed. I've been in this hospital for about a week or so give or take. I appreciate the care but no one lets me sleep around here. I must sound so grumbly every morning. I guess I must have forgotten to voice that I don't like being bothered before 10 am. My brother is on his way over to bring me work stuff. Julie had been on my ass to just take time off work and focus on myeslf. I can't. Simple as that.

" Why are you awake? It's 5 am for Christ sakes Shannon ! Turn the light off !" Speaking of grumbly non morning people. I laugh to myself and look over. Her hair is a mess and she's got one eye open.

" Blame the med staff. They woke me up pissy pants. Nice hair by the way " I laugh and reach out touching her cheek with my thumb. She smacks my hand being playful.

" You want any coffee ? I can get you some " she says yawning & stretching her arms out over her head.

" I can't have any right now. I just got meds. By all means , go enjoy some for me. I will just live through you. But can you bring me some soup broth ? "

She sits up & puts on some slippers then comes over to my bed. This girl has been sleeping on a cot by my bed. Missing some work some days on top of that for me. I tell her to go I will be fine. But she's insistent that I need to have someone here to take care of me. But that's what the hospital staff is for. Thats what they get paid to do. Bullheaded she is I tell ya. There is no arguing with this one. She's just like Jay that way. " You want me to give you a sponge bath today ? "

Instantly my mind for dirty.

" No babe, i'm ok. Why don't you go home and take care of yourself for a bit. You been here with me all the time. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your help but...."

She walks over to the bathroom and shuts the door. Great she's upset now. I can't win

" Julie ? I'm just looking out for you ok ? Don't be mad" Just Silence.

The door opens and she comes over to me. " I will see you later ok." She says kissing my cheek. I go to meet her lips an turns away. That hurt me.

" Where at you going?" I say with concern.

" Home, like you wanted me to " hastily she pushed her bag behind her and puts on her sunglasses. 

" Don't do this " I'm irritated at her passive aggressive behavior. She knows I can't stand when she Is like this.

" Do what Shannon? Why not just say , hey you annoy me can you go away please. ?"

" I never said that or meant it that way " I'm becoming more and more angry.

" Yea well , actions speak louder then words buddy " half rolling her eyes and jingling her keys she says with haste.

She throws her coat on and stands up untill I grab her back down to me.

" Listen , I love you. But I need you to let these guys do their job ok ? That's what their here for. That's all I meant by it. Ok?" I pull her down next to me in bed and kiss her forehead.

" I'm sorry. I guess I just wanna take care of you and make you feel better. " she says as her hand reached behind my neck. The warmth of her touch makes me never want to let her get out of this bed.

" I love you too. Stay , please ? " I say looking in her eyes the same shade as mine. She scoots up in bed and pulls the sheet and blanket over us.

" How long do you have to stay here again ?" She asked me her voice sounds tired and stressed.

" Two more weeks. Are you ok with that ? I could really use a roommate " I say with a wink and smile.

She look up at me smiling. Now she's happy again.

" No place I'd rather be then here with you"
I  kiss her twice brushing her cheek with my thumb. Suddenly , the door opens up and two nurses walk in. My face cringe. Fuck !

" Shannon ? Oh my god what the hell ?" Our eyes meet and my blood boils. I must be dreaming. Please tell me I'm still asleep ?

Out of all the people to walk in that door, it had to be that one I never wanted to see again. Julie looks at me with a look of confusion. This is awkward. I  wish I was anywhere but here right now.