Blissful to Crisis

"Your turn to go in now babe." Dinah smiled, patting Lauren's shoulder. "It is? You sure this isn't some prank you guys are pulling on me?" She smirked. "Get your butt in there and bless our souls." Normani pushed her in herself. "Okay damn, no need to be so dramatic Mani." While Lauren was in the studio Camila slipped away to follow her into the outside of the booth. "Hey, give me a pair of headphones." She said, it was lucky Lauren couldn't see through, and sang in the studio with her eyes closed to really feel the music. "When you're ready Lauren." Will called out. "I'm ready. Play the music." She called back. "You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work. But you gotta put in work, work, work, work, work, work, work. You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work. Let my body do the work, work, work, work, work, wlrk, work, work, work. We can work from home, oh oh, oh oh. We can work from home, oh oh, oh oh." As Lauren sang, all the girls piled in to listen. "You were so right babe. She sounds just perfect." Normani whispered. Camila couldn't help but grin at her voice. "How was that?" Lauren asked, when she finished singing. "Perfect Lauren, good job kid!" Will called back, smiling himself, which was rare enough. Lauren came out and jumped at all the girls stood outside the booth with wide smiles. "What?" She laughed. "You sounded great in there!" Ally encouraged. "Really?" "Yeah! You really did!" Normani grinned at her best friend. "Will, play it back." Dinah instructed. Lauren leant against the glass and listened to her own voice. "That was me? No tuning or anything?" She asked incredulously. "Yes!!" The four girls answered in unison. "You rocked it Lauren, high five!" Will held up his hand and Lauren slapped his hand in a daze. "I'll throw in Ty's part and then put all this beauty together. I'll call you all in when I'm done, cool?" The producer asked. "Yeah that sounds good." Normani smiled. "Hey," "What's up Camila?" "You know that song 1000 hands?" "I do." "Can Lauren and I sing a duet of the chorus? I wanna see how it sounds together." "Sure. That does sound good. Why don't you go grab her and call her in here." Camila left the booth and went to find her excitedly. "Lauren! Oh-" Camila had walked in on a make out session with Dinah. "Yeah?" Dinah blushed and hid her face in the crook of Lauren's neck. While Lauren seemed completely unfazed, as well as completely in love. "Can you come into the booth with me? I just wanna record something with you to see how it would sound." "Sounds good. Sorry babygirl." "Nah, go do yo thang." Dinah waved her off, her cheeks still burning red. "Kiss for good luck?" "You know you'll be great. Did you not hear yourself in there?" "Come on Lolo!" Camila was bouncing on her feet like a hyperactive puppy. "Okay!" Lauren giggled, taking Camila's extended hand and following her back to the booth. "You know that song they played for us the other day?" "1000 hands? Yeah I know it." "Can we sing our parts together, like as a duet?" Lauren smiled and nodded. "I think that'd sound great." "In you go girls, but hurry up a little 'cause I'm still working on the song." The producer explained. "Gotcha!" Lauren called back. "Ready?" Lauren asked Camila. "Yeah let's do it." The Cuban smiled. "I just wanna, feel a thousand hands from youuuuuuu, and only youuuuuuu." Lauren and Camila had their eyes closed as they sang, both thinking of their girlfriends. "Can you make meeee feel a thousand hands from youuuuu, and only youuuuuu." When the music cut off, they both smiled at each other and went outside to see how it sounded. Both Will, the producers, Dinah and Normani were left with their mouths open in shock. "That, was fucking perfect." "Oh my god Will, what the hell man!!" Camila laughed. "That was so pretty though in all seriousness." Normani stroked her girlfriend's hair behind her ear. "It's beautiful cause we both thought of two beautiful girls." "Who?" Dinah asked. "You guys, stupid." Camila giggled, leaning up on her tip toes to kiss Normani. Lauren squealed in surprise when Dinah guided her into a kiss too. She smiled into it and settled her hands at the nape of her neck sweetly. "Hey-oh what did I walk into? A love fest? I thought it was a studio booth." Ally teased them. "Sorry." Normani and Dinah apologised, biting their lips. "I wandered where y'all had gotten to?" "Here Ally, take a listen to this." Will said, pressing the button. Camila and Lauren's melodious voices filled the room in harmony and even Lauren and Camila's mouths hung open.