21| Sweet Sentiments & Secrets

Torii –

Yawning, after adjusting my bra, I pushed my breast up while looking at myself in the full length mirror they'd put in our dressing room for the night.

"I'm humungous now."

I could feel eyes burning in the back of my head, and when I turned around, my sister was looking at me as if I'd said the dumbest thing she'd ever heard. I chuckled lightly before poking and pulling at my stomach. There were rolls and flabs and creases that hadn't been there before.

"Torii, if you call yourself fat one more time while we're stuck with you on this tour, I'm going to push you down and sit on you until you get your mind right."

"I had a flat stomach, hips, and thighs, that was it. Look at this!"

"I thought you didn't want to be a pencil thin chick?"

I looked at Ava and sighed. "I don't, but these extra pounds came out of nowhere and I don't understand why because we're out here dancing every single night."

Leann laughed, quickly bringing me back to reality. "And stuffing our faces with greasy burgers and fries every night before bed. Relax Torii, you're beautiful, with a banging body. And..." She looked at me and smiled. "Raj will still want you regardless."

I let out a deep sigh, turning back to the mirror as I rolled my eyes. "I wish y'all would stop bugging me about Raymond."

"Ohhh, he's Raymond again?"

"Troy..."

"I'm just saying. Thinking back on when you guys were recording your duet together... that booth was all fogged up. Ohh, and let's not talk about when you guys performed on Late Night with David Letterman. Sparks were flying, and all we needed was for the two of you to end the performance with a kiss."

"Shut up."

She and Ava stood, moving close to one another as they sang into their brushes. "And when we touch, oooo, it's like magic. I can't believe that a love like this is everlasting. Wanna take you in my arms... hit it Ava."

"And love you for the reeeest of my life. My life, my life, my life, Sweet Baby."

They cackled as they sat back down but I found nothing about their mockery of my song with Raymond funny. "For your information, Black Thelma and Latin Louise, that is what makes a true duet wonderful. There has to be chemistry, even if it's fake."

"Psssh!" I looked at Leann, wondering what made her burst out laughing so hard. "Girl... You and Raj's chemistry is so crazy, every time I listen to Rest Of My Life I feel like I need to jump the bones of the first man I see and give him a baby. Not only is that a romantic love song, a classic... Y'all done messed around and made a baby maker for sixteen and seventeen year olds who can't control themselves or put on a condom correctly. Shoot, I heard it on the radio one night when I was hanging out; and this guy stepped to me. I was so caught up in yours and Raj's emotions that I nearly hopped on this man. And we all know I'm the gayest thing walking around."

We all fell out laughing, but I quickly pulled myself together, denying that there is anything between Raymond and I. "You play too much, Leann."

"I ain't lying! Your love for one another is so infectious, and cute."

I groaned. "I don't love that boy. I don't even like him, as more than a friend."

Troy laughed, tossing me my dress so that I could finish getting ready. "Right; and I'm not just dying for Marliss to look my way anytime we're in the audience when they're singing Let Me."