52| Back To Business

Leann –

As promised, Mr. Bellamy kept his mouth shut and the status of us as a group, as well as our third album, under wraps. Instead, he let the speculation of Troy going solo, and me potentially doing the same once all of the remixes and songs I'd done with Trina, Mia X, Rah Digga, and a few others began to circulate on different Hip-Hop stations, run wild.

It was nice to know that there were people out there wondering if I would, and waiting for me to do an album on my own. It was a shock, but greatly appreciated. However, I had to admit to myself and Troy and Torii that I was enjoying the time that we were putting in together to get everything done. Though our personal chemistry and attitudes towards one another weren't back to what they had been, we were able to work together and get all of our ideas out of there. Everybody was getting the chance to shine.

Harrison, our manager, was thrilled to see us getting along but couldn't understand why we kept shutting down all of the offers he had been sitting on for us for the entire time we'd been on hiatus. His thought was, if we weren't going to work together publically yet, we could at least be taking separate offers. It made complete sense, but for the time being we wanted all of our focus and energy to go into giving our absolute best.

We spent countless hours listening to our first two albums over and over, pinpointing what we didn't like, what we did like, what we had been forced to do, and what we knew we did naturally and got away with. We discussed what was acceptable from each of us, and how far we could push the envelope. Which, in the case of this album, all bets were off. We weren't holding back, when it came to us showcasing that we were indeed adults and out of our wholesome teen years.

We decided to shed the good girl image entirely. Our mistakes, mainly mine and Ava's, were out in the open, so there was no use in painting ourselves as saints.

My favorite track, so far, that we'd recorded and finished had to be the one with all of rapping. It would be one of the two tracks to make a complete departure from what Fly Girl was known for; something fun, something for us to act silly with when we performed it. If we performed it, that is.

The process this time around, it was everything we should have experienced from the very beginning.

"I have to admit; I was skeptical about your tactics, but ... what I'm hearing, I am thoroughly impressed."

Troy, who'd been trying to take a nap for the past twenty minutes after she finished laying down vocals, opened her eyes and sighed. "Thanks, Harrison, though I wish you'd respected our wishes like everyone else. You know, to stay away. All of this is supposed to be a shock and surprise to you too."

"I know, I know. But, I have to be able to tell MCA something."

"Something like what?"

He smiled and threw his hands up. "Relax. I'm only reporting on your progress and how you all are getting along. Which reminds me, what percentage would you say you're at now? As far as completion goes."

We all shrugged and Troy spoke up. "It'll be done whenever it's done."

"Darlings, I can't say that. I need an exact percentage."

"We have three songs out of the thirty-four we plan to record. Only about eighteen or twenty of those are going on the album. We still haven't decided which of those will make it, nor have we chosen a lead single. On top of that, we're considering a hidden track or two, or a deluxe edition with two separate songs. So, yeah... that's where we are."