37| Planting The Seeds Of Doubt

February 1998:

Ava -

Sitting in rehearsal for our performance following the Grammys, I took a deep breath. I wasn't really in the mood to rehearse, let alone sit around anyone for longer than necessary. It just wasn't a good day.

Along with my personal issues, Leann was acting strange around me, while Torii and Troy weren't saying anything to me at all unless they had to, or we had to talk about something pertaining the group.

I don't know what I could have done to any of them, but I know for a fact I'm not here for any of them coming back with fake vibes without an explanation of why I was being shunned in the first place.

"I'm so tired of singing this lil' song. I like old school, but they know they could have given us something better." Troy shook her head. "I don't even care for The Supremes like that. Well, I don't care for a majority of the Diana led songs like that."

Torii laughed, clearing her throat before she stepped to her microphone and started talking. "They should have let us come up in this piece and remix Mokenstef right quick."

"What, Sis?"

She looked at Troy and smirked. "Remember how me and you used to sit in my room, and we'll do our own renditions of certain songs. We'd do it mostly so Daddy wouldn't ban us from listening to explicit songs, but some things we sang better than the original artists."

"Ha, well toot your own horn then, Ms. Ross."

"Pssh, I'm tooting yours too, Ms. Knight."

Troy let out a dry laugh. "I know that's you calling me Gladys, while calling yourself one of The Pips, but I know you meant for that to double as a shot about me and Marliss as well, and I'm here to tell you to shut the hell up."

Torii shrugged her shoulders and smirked as she swayed her hips a little, randomly singing a few seconds later. "Words can't explain, but my action speaks for itself. My imagination's running wild. Let's take a trip outside. You don't need no clothes; just you and me getting soaking wet. Think of it like a cold shower... having wet sex on the balcony."

Troy joined in, singing the chorus as if falling into sync came naturally to her. Of course, it did. Everything came naturally to the two of them. "Ohh, I wanna freak youuu."

Leann just shook her head. "I'm so glad the fellas got their rehearsal out of the way early and are not here. It's enough y'all get extra lovey-dovey, now you wanna throw in sex songs and tease 'em knowing y'all ain't given them nothing. Do you sing that around Raj, Torii?"

She nodded her head. "I sure do. He got mad at me for singing I'll Make Love To You the other day about five minutes before I went home, but he'll live. He loves me, even when I tease."

Troy smirked, eventually returning to her personal vocal warmups.

Walking off to the side, I rubbed and pushed against my stomach for a few seconds before I took a deep breath. All I needed was for Chauncey or Brandy to come in and call a legit break. Just long enough for me to take a nap and sleep this dizziness and nausea off and I would be good to go, back in a better mood.

Bending down, I took several deep breaths before I stood again and excused myself to the restroom. No sooner than I'd run out of the rehearsal area, into the rest room, and into a stall, had I begun to throw up. It seemed like, every time I thought I was finished, more found it's way up and out. Nose burning, tears rolling down my face; I took one deep breath and stood up.