62| Bruised Egos & Ill Wishes

Ava –

We'd been in Phoenix for two days, with sold out shows for both and each one I'd been a nervous wreck. Day one because my parents decided to pop up out of nowhere, and day two because some of Sean's cousins decided to attend the show. Under the guise of bringing their daughters, but I knew there was more to it.

The only thing that helped to make the nights easier was that Deena had showed up to both.

She waved to me from the front row and smiled, a gesture I returned with just as much love.

Leading us into the next portion of the show, Troy raised her microphone and began to speak. "Alright, so now is my favorite part of the show. Y'all know we sometimes do covers of our favorite songs when we do our solo sets, but never before have we done it as a group. Not a cover that we haven't officially remade, I mean."

Leann smirked. "That's because we don't share the same taste in music."

The audience chuckled before Troy smiled and spoke again. "But who wouldn't love the Queen Of House Music?"

"Nobody, but I can surely hate the song Finally."

We all nodded in agreement before Troy waved us off. "That's the jam!"

"Naaah." She rolled her eyes at our consensus, before moving on.

"I should sing it just to annoy y'all. But, we will be singing one of our favorite CeCe Peniston songs for you all before we move into our solo sets. And we hope you enjoy while we have a little fun. "Lead by Ms. Ava, as it was her choice."

Troy smiled politely, giving me the moment and stage as the band started up. "Didn't I hear you say that your love will never change? But I know that it's over. But when the story ends; why should we both pretend, when we know there's another?"

"Tell me how, tell me who?"

"Just tell me the truth."

"Tell me why did you lie."

"I can see it in your eyes."

"Tell me where, tell me when."

"'Cause it never should have been at all. But it looks like it's over."

We paused for a moment, before we began the little routine that we'd worked out as we sang the chorus. "Why'd you think that I would sit here and wait, in vain? Baby, I'm moving on. 'Cause what I want from love is the pleasure, and not the pain. Baby, I'm moving on."

As I continued singing, one by one we exited the stage, leaving the band to have their spotlight moment while we changed and prepared for the solo sets. Being that it was my hometown, I had to go first both nights.

As we all changed, Brandy walked in, giving us each new microphones. "Two of your microphones were having issues, but thankfully y'all are pros at working through technical issues. Here are some new ones though, and they're all working fine."

"Brandy."

"Yes, Ava?"

I sighed, thanking the guy who'd helped me into my dress. "I don't want to go out there for my solo set tonight."

"What? Why?" She looked at me, her facial expression tensing up every second that passed. "I thought you were good as long as Deena was out there. You told her that in front of me."