63| The Final Blow (Part 1)

Troy –

As promised, Marliss and Raymond joined us in The Big Easy just in case some mess popped off. Medicated or not, everybody knew I was at the point where I wasn't just going to let anybody gang up on me or push me around, that I would fight back if necessary. They didn't want that. They wouldn't put their hands on Leann or Ava, but they would make sure they stayed at a safe distance from me and my sister.

Daddy, stating that he had a bad feeling as well, packed a few things and met us as well.

"Troy, with all that you have coming up, what's the thing you're most excited about when you and Fly Girl finish the tour?"

I smiled politely, shrugging my shoulders. "More than likely, it'll be getting back in the studio. At this point, that's what I miss most. Being in a studio, singing and playing around with different vocal tricks and techniques, figuring out how I want to sound. Now that I've found my love for singing again, and confidence to do it alone, I'm anxious for all of that. I've also been creating some really good songs. I feel they're good anyway, along with getting two great ones from my older sister."

"And usually, you two are a pair on the red carpet or in interviews, when you're not both with your significant others." I nodded. "But who's this strapping gentleman with you right now?"

I smiled, looking up at Daddy as he wrapped his arms around me. "This is my father. He's filling in for Torii while she spends a few hours with her daughter before the show tonight."

"Very lovely, and how are you Mr. Mercier?"

I gently pushed him forward, urging him to speak. "I'm great, thank you. Very happy to be with my daughters and very proud of them for everything they've accomplished."

"How have you been feeling about the past events and your girls deciding to ride things out with the label, completing this final project and tour before they're able to go their own way."

He looked at me and I smiled, urging him to give his honest opinion. "Well, I'm not necessarily happy about certain things that have been said and done to them. With the way they've been treated by peers, as well as some of the adults they've had to work with and for, but I think that they've handled themselves very well throughout all of it. I'm just glad that they will be coming out of the whole thing stronger, a little wiser. More confident and hardworking. I'm glad that they still have great heads on their shoulders and that they haven't lost their way completely. They grew up a little faster than I would have liked, but I think they're fantastic young women."

"It's always so amazing to see such amazing bonds between todays starlets and their parents. Have you always been close?"

I nodded, smiling when he pulled me into a tight hug. "Most definitely. I think that if he wasn't working and steadily moving up in his own career back home in Tennessee, he and our step-mother and our little brothers would have moved to California as soon as we did. We spend as much time as possible together, and being around those who truly know and love us, it keeps us grounded as well. You can't get into this business and forget about who afforded you the chance to be where you are. I mean, that's credited to MCA and Brandy Monroe, Chauncey Howard and others of course; but our father could have very easily told Torii and I 'no, not yet' or something of that nature if he felt the need to do so. Especially with how often we got in trouble the week of those original auditions." Daddy laughed, nodding his head as he admitted that he'd thought about punishing us that weekend. "He's always been supportive, both he and our step-mother, and they've gone out of their way for us so there's no way we would ever stray from them or act is if they're not as important and instrumental to our success."