Interlude #4 - A Review With Troy

May 2004 :

"So Brandy left all of you?"

Troy shook her head after setting her water bottle down. "No, just Leann. I still don't know what started that fight before they got the rehearsal studio, or how it escalated to Leann saying what she said, but whatever it was, Brandy was fed up. Not that I could blame her, you know?" Andrea nodded, asking Troy to elaborate more. "It was like; she had done so much for us, specifically. Sacrificed so much because, even though she had multiple artists whose image she helped, a lot of whom were far worse than Fly Girl, it seemed most of her troubles came from us. The rappers she dealt with, their image was expected to be a little tainted or 'bad'. They were expected to fly off the handle from time to time, and be into drugs, and not care too much about having a squeaky clean image. Then she had other groups, some more popish than us and they concealed their issues a hell of a lot better than us. Shit, Marliss' group had more fist fights than he could count on hand and recall and they had a more civilized split than we did. Neither he, or his groupmates, disrespected Brandy or how she helped them the way that Ava and Leann did continuously. And as she said, we were like her daughters. You know you got a good ass parent or at the very least, a parent that goes above and beyond for you, no matter how often you fuck up... you don't hurt them intentionally. They hurt her deeply, she just didn't show it until they hit that last nerve."

Andrea nodded, jotting things down in her notebook. "So how did that work with her only working as a publicist for you, Torii, and Ava?"

"It only made things worse. I think that, like with Ava, she said what she said in an attempt to scare Leann straight. You know, her essentially abandoning Ava for that period before we got back together, it pushed Ava towards being better. It didn't last long, but she was easier to handle a lot longer than Leann. With Leann, whether she was sober or not, you just couldn't tell her anything anymore. She was the oldest, she was grown, felt she knew all there was to know because of the life she was living. You just couldn't tell her much without her blowing up at you."

"How did things go while you were on tour?"

"I can only speak for myself, and a vast majority of the time I was over-medicated. Between them trying new things to see what would keep my MS under control, being tired and drained, and still trying to perform normally... I was only trying to make it through the day most of the time. I tuned a lot out. Unless something was brought to me or said to me specifically, I was in my own world. And even then, Kyrie and my sister made it a point to keep them and their drama away from me."

"How did Leann act, knowing that you all had Brandy's help and attention, but she didn't?"

Troy shrugged. "Like I said, I only paid attention when I was spoken to or something dumb was brought to me. It was evident that she was hurt and upset, jealous. Probably bitter, but that was her own fault. What could she do or say when she basically hit Brandy with the stay the fuck out of my life card? Brandy always maintained that she may have been white and looked as if you could walk all over her, but she was not one to test and play with. You told her something, she got the picture really quick and she gave you exactly what you asked for. She told Brandy, so leave then. That's just what she did; she left Leann. Leann talked so much shit, felt she was wronged, but that was all on her. Personally, I never invested much more of my time or energy into being the type of friend that I had once been to her, or Ava. So, whatever beefs they had, that was their own issues. I kept to myself. Worried about getting better, and giving the fans what they paid for. We owed them, and no matter how much Torii and I tried to explain that to them, they went about messing things up all over again. I-I don't know what else I was supposed to do aside from minding my business."