53| Flying High

September 2000 :

Troy –

Highly irritated, I sat with a hot towel spread across my face as I watched and listened to my sister, Ava, and Leann do a series of interviews from home. 106 & Park was the first stop. It was a brand new show, and already I was missing out because my damn face wanted to swell up to the size of the Good Year Blimp while I was asleep.

I could hardly talk, which I'm sure made Marliss happy because I couldn't verbally complain or express my disdain for the audience asking if we had lied about the group returning with all four of us.

My sister was shutting them down left and right, stating that I was unable to participate due to my MS, but they would not let up. Then, they had a radio interview with Wendy Williams, and let's just say that didn't go as planned either. She flat out accused us of lying just to boost sales, which made no fucking sense, but you couldn't tell The Big Bull, as I'd named her in my mind, that. She then called Torii a backstabbing bitch, to her face, for continuing the group 'without' me and continuing to work with the ones that hurt the group.

Now, Wendy might not have known it, but my sister was never the one to care about radio station fines, penalties, or anything of that nature, in regards to using profanity. She let Wendy have it, all of it, and left her with a hefty fine before they made their exit.

It might not have been the best thing to do, but I can guarantee that interview alone will boost our sales more. Let Wendy be mad about that.

I groaned, pushing Marliss' hand away from my face. "Let me see."

Mumbling through my lips, the only part of my face that wasn't swollen, I cut my eyes and pushed his hand away again. "You're going to make it worse."

"What did I tell you, Troy..."

I sighed heavily. "I took my medicine, all four pills. You watched me take them. I don't know why my face is swollen today."

I felt a tear stream down my fat ass cheek before he gave a warm smile and wiped it away. "Okay, I'm sorry, this just has me worried. It's never been this bad." I felt like Gina on that episode of Martin where she went to the dentist and got the wrong thing done. "Let me see, Baby."

"Stop touching my face."

"I just want to help."

I pushed him away again, wishing my upper body strength wasn't extra low at the moment. My pushes and taps barely moved him. "Leave me alone." Marliss sighed, getting closer to me before he gently pressed an ice pack against my face. What he thought this was about to do, I don't know, but it pissed me off even more. "Marliss, if you don't move, I will bite your hand off, to the best of my ability."

"Stop being so damn stubborn and let somebody help your ass."

I laid all the way back on the couch, folding my arms as he moved closer. I started crying, wishing he would just go away. This was what I hated the most about having MS. Everybody and their mama wants to baby you over the smallest things, treat you like a damn invalid, like you can't do anything for yourself anymore. It annoyed me to no end.

"What are you upset for?"

"I want you to leave me alone, seriously. If I wanted an ice pack, if I thought it would work, I would have gotten it myself. I can walk today, I am fine. I just look like an extra fat chipmunk, that's it. I don't want you to baby me."