24| Gearing Up For The Second Go 'Round

Leann –

As the tour rolled on, I was glad to finally get the chance to call the one person that'd been rooting and cheering for me, even though it was starting to seem as if I'd forgotten about him.

Watching as all of the makeup artists and stylists ran past us, I shook my head, waiting for an answer. The person on the other end yawned before apologizing and excusing themselves. "Hello?"

"Hey Jay, it's Leann."

"Oh my Gosh! Girl, how are you?"

"I'm doing good, and you?"

"Tired, as always, but no complaints of course. I know that you've been super busy, so it's great to hear from you. However, I won't take up your time so let me get KC for you."

"Thanks, and I miss you Jay!"

"Aww, I miss you too. Hold on one second."

I closed my eyes for a few moments, nodding or shaking my head every so often when my hairstylist asked me a question. "Leann!"

I felt my heart swell over with an intense amount of love, and instantly, I began to miss my brother even more. The sound of his voice, hearing how different he sounded after so long, it put me in my feelings really quick. I cleared my throat before speaking. "Hey KC! How are you?"

"Great now that I can hear from you! I mean, the letters are cool, and of course thank you for everything you send to me, but I miss you so much Leann."

"I miss you too, Honey, more than you'll ever know."

"Am I really always on your mind?"

"Of course, I just can't always call like I want to."

"I know." I heard him sigh a little, speaking as if he were out of breath. No doubt running around and making some type of mess. Since Jay had moved into a bigger apartment, and he had his own room with a lot of space to do as he pleased; every letter Jay sent back to me included some type of picture or comment about him running around like a maniac. A cute maniac, but one nonetheless. "Leann, when you come from overseas, are you finally going to come home for longer than a weekend?"

"Yes! I'll be home for two weeks and we can do anything you want."

"Will you come to my new school? All of my friends want to meet you. I talk about you every day, and I make sure that they know when to watch for you and your friends on TV. That's how proud I am of you and all that you're doing."

I smiled, thanking him. "That means the world to me KC. But listen, I'm proud of you too."

"For what, Leann?"

"Just for being you. For being a big boy and sticking with me and all that we planned while I'm singing and rapping. I know it's not fun to be away from one another, it's definitely not fun for me; but I promise that it's all going to be worth it. And guess what?"

"What?"

"Soon, we'll be with one another again."

"Are you bringing me to live in California with you?"

I nodded for my own benefit. "I sure am, Honey, and I cannot wait until I find us a really nice house."

"What are we going to have?"

"Our own bedrooms, that's for sure." He giggled. "And we're going to have a big backyard, with a space for our basketball goal."

"Can the backyard have a tree so that we can build a treehouse together?"