32| Fights & A Small Break From The Norm

Torii –

I wasn't sure what went down between my sister and Chauncey, but the aftermath was not a pretty one. Eventually, we had to call our daddy because Chauncey was getting all the way out of hand. His tactics to 'motivate' us was one thing, but it was getting to the point where he'd walk past Troy and call her a bitch without anyone else saying anything to even provoke him. And he was doing this daily. She'd long stopped talking to him, left the room anytime he came in to avoid drama, and relayed any messages she had through Brandy so none of us knew or understood where the intense animosity towards her was coming from. Troy was literally doing nothing more than what she was required to do; but every time we saw Chauncey, he was running off at the mouth saying that bitch or that hoe or something derogative towards Troy, towards a seventeen-year-old. It was ridiculous.

I didn't get it, and she wouldn't explain it, so we had to settle for the next best thing. That was both our Daddy and Kyrie laying into Chauncey. Daddy played no games though, laid him out right in the parking lot of a rehearsal studio we were using for a performance in our hometown. Following that incident, Chauncey threatened to kick both Troy and I out of the group, but, in spite of some rumors I'd been hearing when walking past doors in the MCA offices, the executives refused to let either of us go.

Stating how we couldn't release an album and have two original girls and two new girls promoting it. Then, there were contractual obligations and so much more that we had to deal with. Daddy asked if this was what we really wanted, if it was really worth it, and naturally Troy and I both said yes. For our dreams, it was just something we'd both have to grit our teeth and deal with. My only hope was that someone would listen to us and aid in finding us a better manager. We still loved, adored, and trusted Brandy. But even before all of the fights with Troy, there was just something about Chauncey that was starting to bother me. It was becoming uncomfortable to be around him. It was a gut feeling, I guess, but something was telling me that he was not to be trusted. Him calling my sister out of her name for no reason, and then jumping on my case every so often if he couldn't upset her, it was just too much.

Enjoying the only day we'd have off before we released our album within the next week and a half, I decided to hang with Raymond for a change. Since we no longer toured together, and he'd go home to Tennessee to chill whenever Xclusive didn't have a show, we didn't see each other as often as we had before.

I had to admit, I'd grown to care for his goofy self, and I loved that he always had something positive to say to cheer me up if I was having a bad day. There'd been a lot of bad days lately, and all I wanted was to surround myself with someone that was happy twenty-four, seven.

I smiled as he interlocked his fingers in mine, watching him as he looked down at me. I was resting my head in his lap with my knees kicked up as I tried to write a song with my free hand to get the remainder of the sad and negative thoughts I had off of my mind.

"So listen, I know you said that you wanted things between us to go at a natural pace."

"Mmhm."

"And that's more than fine with me. I think we're growing and progressing nicely. I tell you every day that I'm falling in love with you, and you've finally stopped brushing it off. You finally stopped assuming that I was lying."

"Yeah."

"And I know that you care for me, that you have really strong feelings for me. That's more than fine."

I interrupted him for a moment. "Are you sure you're fine with me saying and leaving it at that stage though."

"Yes Torii. I never ever want you to tell me anything that you don't mean. Now, back to what I was saying."