Part 68: Broken

It's been 3 days since....that previous night.

"No! Where at you taking him! NO PLEASE! DONT TAKE HIM PLEASE! PLEASE" I cried hearing his cries fade into the hallway

"NOOO! PLEASE! DONT TAKE HIM! I broke down

It played over and over in my head. My son was token away from me and I don't know where or how he is. I'm so worried about my 2 month old baby and it's killing me....along with this cell. Yes, I'm in jail. They said I'm "on trial" to testify against Jamal. But I had no idea he sold drugs...well I did but not in Chicago. They pulled out so many bags of cocaine, meth, heroin, weed, ecstasy and all types of pills from his house and I was oblivious to all of it, I had no fucking clue. But I don't hate him...He did what he had to, to keep a house over his head and a car to drive in. I just really miss my son...I can't eat or sleep without worrying about him. He's probably crying for me....... surrounded by strangers...waiting for his mommy😣

"Come on inmate" a lady officer comes up to my cell.

I get up from the hard ass bed they gave me and step out of my cell. She handcuffed me and pushed me into a transport van, to take me God knows where. But I remained quiet through out the ride, feeling so drained and lost for hope.

*1 hour later*

"Miss Tyler Dior Mayy, is it? The judge asked me

"Yes your honor"

"Okay, well let's begin the prosecution"

"State your name again" some man came up to me

"Tyler Mayy" I said sounding pissed off because they keep asking the same damn questions.

"What were you doing at Mr. Allen's residence"

"Just sleeping over, he's my bestfriend"

"Oh, he's your bestfriend?

"Yes"

"So you should know everything about him then"

"Not Everything"

"Why not?

"Because he doesn't like to talk about everything"

"So you didn't know he's one of the most slickest criminals around"

"No, I had no clue"

"Did you know He gang bang?

"Yes"

"So you didn't think he's a criminal"

"I'm not a stereotype" I said confidently

"Oh so you didn't?

"No I am not a stereotype sir"

"You had to know something, you were in the same house with all those drugs and guns"

"If I didn't see them, he hid the pretty well. No smell or anything. You can ask the officers that raided the house"

"Did you know He has a smoking problem"

"Nope, he did smoke occasionally but not that much"

"Smoke what?

"Cigarettes and weed"

"And yet you still brung your child around that"

"Yeah, where is my son? My voice got louder

"We're not to disclose his location"

"But he's my child, I have a right to see him! Where is he?! I stood up

"Miss Mayy sit down! The judge looked down at me

I sat down stressed out.

"Why did you let your son around him if he's smoking weed and selling drugs?

"Firstly, I didn't know he did that and smoking is not a big deal to me"

"So you're okay with him"

"Yes. He's my bestfriend, why would I judge him"

"Because he's a criminal"

"Was"

"But he's still selling them today"

"I never knew"

"This prosecution is over" he sat back down.

"Ms. Mayy, you put your child in danger"

"No I--"

"I'm talking! He cut me off. "You put your child that is only 2 months old in danger. I can't have a child live in fear and harm. So Ms. Mayy, your parenting is being suspended"

"What?! I looked up at him

"And your sentenced to 8 months in prison for 950 dollars bail"

"So I can't see my son! But I'm his mother!

"One that put him in danger"

"No I didn't. Where is he...please just tell me if he's okay"

"No ma'am"

"YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE MY SON AWAY FROM ME....PLEASE! I need him...please...I'm begging you" I got down and cried

"Case close" he banged the gavel down

I fell on the floor again, feeling so broken inside and like no one could hear my crying soul. An officer picked me up by my handcuffs and took me out of the room. I was a wreck going back into my cell, my heart literally just broken into every piece that it could.

*4 Days later*

"You have one phone call" the officer stepped aside to let me out.

I quickly ran up to the phones and immediately called my mom. I haven't talked to anyone in a week, they confiscated my phone on the night I was originally arrested. But right now all I feel is broken inside....nothing more. A broken human being, being stripped from her rights.....a broken mother, being stripped from her baby....with a broken heart, that can't never seem to be fixed. I need to get out of here, even though I hate asking for help...I can't stay in here any longer. When I say it's killing me in here, I'm not lying. I feel a overwhelming urge to just....to just...leave and put myself out of misery. I thought I would never think so strongly about this but I'm going to do something if I stay in here...I know It.

"Hello?! Who is this? She answered with suspicion

"Mom! I have three minutes to talk to you so please listen carefully. I'm in the MCC Chicago, Federal Bureau of prisons. I'm sentenced to 8 months in here for 950 dollars bail. My mom if I don't aske you anything else in my life...please get me out of here please mom. I'm dying in her, I can't breathe or think or sleep or eat. They took Isaac...they took him away from me. *I cried on the phone* Please mom...I'm thinking about stuff I shouldn't be considering in here. I know I need to be here for my son but he's long gone into the system"

"You have 30 seconds remaining" the announcer said

"I love you, and I have under 30 seconds left so.."

"Baby, please keep your head up high, you hear me. Everything is going to be okay. I'm on--" she was cut off