Part 70: Goodbye & Hello?

*3 Months Later*

Surprisingly I'm doing okay. After getting out of jail, I went to the bank and used up the money I was saving in my account. I got me a tiny apartment downtown and a horrible job at McDonald's. I'm only getting paid 7 dollars an hour so I'm really broke now a days. The struggle is real.💯 But I'm not that sad anymore, yeah I still miss my son but I need to show them I can be a parent again. So I'm starting from the bottom again and slowly trying to make my way up. Now Yesturday, Jamal called me from prison and invited me to visit him today. I have the day off so I'm on the train now, on my way up there.

*2 hours later*

Jamal is escorted into the visiting room by a couple of officers and sat down in front of me. I looked at him seeing a few scratches and bruises on his cheeks and arms. He looked so different now, I mean he's still sexy but he looks worn out.

"Hi" I smiled

"Hey" he smiled back

"What happened to you?

"Uh...you know. I got into a couple altercations"

"Did you start them"

"Maybe" he smirked

"Stop fighting people, it isn't worth it"

"Yeah. But I heard they booked you too"

"Yeah, they gave me 8 months but I got out"

"Why though? It was my fault"

"Because I "endangered my child" and then I was there with you"

"Ty, I'm sorry you had to go to jail for my stupid ass"

"Yeah..."

"Where's the little guy at though?

"They took him too"

"What!

"Yeah...they suspended my parenting rights"

"Sorry"

"I'm fine. I don't wanna talk about my son anymore though"

"Ok. So what have you been up to"

"Trying to make it on my own again. I also been going to therapy and it really helps me clear my mind"

"That's good"

"How about you?

"I'm alive. But remember I told you someone turned me out?

"Yeah"

"He's in here somehow"

"Ooooooo, so you two are--"

"No nasty ass"

I laugh. "But did you call Ivy yet?

"Hell no'' he folded his arms

"Why not?

"Because I don't need her Tyler"

"But she has money right, maybe she can get you out"

"I'm not kissing her ass Tyler"

"Shit, I would...rather than be in here"

"Mm" he looked away

"But why didn't you tell me you still sold drugs"

"Because I didn't want you to stop talking to me"

"I wouldn't have"

"I'm sorry I didn't but I like to keep things to myself...you know that by now. I have trust issues Tyler...with everyone. Not just you"

"I know. But I just wish things were back the way they were"

"Yeah me too"

"Miss you" I say rubbing his hand

"I'm a miss you too"

"Huh?

"Tyler. Me and you both know I'm a bad influence on you"

"Ok?

"So I want you to move on from me"

"Oh..."

"I know I'm your bestfriend and all but I want you to live your life the right way. Without being around me"

I looked down.

"You can make it bueatiful. But I promise if and when I get my life together I will call you one day to catch up"

"Okay Jamal. But just promise me that you'll call Ivyene"

"Mm"

"She called me two weeks ago worrying about you, she wants to help you get out of here"

"I'll see, but I'm not promising"

"Okay. Well I think I should be going"

"Okay. You do you babe, don't worry about me" He hugs me

"I'm a miss you bestfriend"

"Me too" He stops and kisses me one last time before the guards take him away into the back. I then left out the building and got back on the train, returning home.

*1 year and 2 months later*

It's May 5, 2018. 1 year and a few months later since I said goodbye to Jamal. Currently I'm at work, just a few minutes before my shift ends, cleaning up the kitchen. I'm still trying to make a living out of this bullshit ass job but it's still tough only getting paid 7 dollars an hour. I haven't made any new friends or even talked to the old ones. I wanted to stop getting in trouble and maybe it was the people I was around that brung it out of me. So yeah, no friends, no lovers, no family and no Damn sex. I'm living the life right? But I've been lonley before and I'm just really trying to make it by myself.

*At home*

I walk down the street to my apartment complex and take the elevator up to the fourth floor. I walk up to my door and unlock it, stepping inside into my empty living room. *sigh* I'm so glad I'm home. People were just really giving me a hard time at work today. So it's time to unwind. I strip down naked in my bathroom and hop into a quick 15 minutes shower. Putting on some pjs, I make me some noodles and call it a day in my room.

*Phone rings*

I look over and see "Unknown" on top of the screen. Not thinking, I answer it and put down my noodles.

"Hello?

"Hey" a female answers

"This is?

"Wow, you forgot about me"

"Christina?

"Maybe" she laughs

😉😏😉😏😉😏😉😏😉😏😉😏😉😏