Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Emma’s POV

‘’Get out of your bed, lazy bum!’’ A voice said near my ear. I opened my eyes, to see Zoe standing next to my bed.. Ugh.

‘’What the hell are you doing here?’’ I asked sleepily. ‘’Getting you ready for your date with Joseph.’’ Zoe said smirking. ‘’Zoe! It’s not a date.’’ I said. Zoe was annoying. Why did Marcus let her in? Why was Marcus awake anyway. It was, according to my clock, 8 AM.

‘’It’s a date. Come on. Get in the shower.’’ Zoe said sternly. I groaned, but I knew that Zoe would win anyway. I got up and walked to the shower.

I washed my body and hair. After drying myself and wrapping a towel around me, I was back in my room.

‘’Okay, try this on.’’ Zoe said. I walked to the bathroom to change in my undergarments and the clothes she gave me. I looked good, casual. My sweater was too thick and my shorts not too short. Some Vans and everything was okay. I liked this. Zoe was starting to know me really well.

‘’That’s awesome. Keep that on. Now, I brought my straightener for wet hair, so sit still.’’ Zoe demanded. She had already turned it on and was ready to work with my hair. I just sat down and let her do her job.

After straightening my hair, she put a hat on my head and looked at me. ‘’That’s cool.’’ Zoe said. the hat wasn’t itchy or something, so it was fine. ‘’Sit down, make-up.’’ Zoe said.

‘’No, no make-up.’’ I said determined. ‘’Come on.’’ Zoe tried. I shook my head. ‘’I won’t go overboard like last time.’’ Zoe said. ‘’Fine, be quickly. I need food.’’ I said and sat down again.

 I closed my eyes and let Zoe do her job again.

‘’Come on, look in the mirror. Is it that bad?’’ Zoe said after, I don't know, 30 minutes? I walked to the mirror. She was right. It wasn’t that bad. Everything was light and natural. Just how I liked it.

I hugged her. ‘’Thank you, Zoe. Now, I’ve to eat.’’ I said and walked to the kitchen, ate some cereal and took my medication. After that, I just watched some TV. Joe could come any minute.

The doorbell rang. ‘’Marcus, I’m off.’’ I said to Marcus, but he was sleeping on the couch. Why was he even awake at 8 AM, he always sleeps in until 1 PM or something.

I opened the door and saw Joe standing there. Zoe was still here, I just hoped she stayed in the living room.

‘’You look pretty.’’ Joe said and smiled. I blushed, why did I blush? And mumbled a thank you. ‘’Come on, let’s go!’’ Joe said excited.

I followed him on the streets. I had no idea what we were going to do or where we were going. Joe was talking about why he started YouTube. I already knew why he started his channel, but it was still cool to hear it from him. I did like I didn’t know any of that, of course.