Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter 42

Emma’s POV

I was nervous, I was allowed to be nervous right? Jared just had texted me, they had find their luggage and they would be here any minute now. Why did they ask me to pick them up?

“There she is.” I heard someone say and sure enough I felt two pairs of arms wrapped around me. “Hey Em.” Jared said. “Hi.” I whispered. “Let’s go. I don't have a car, so we have to grab some metros. We’re going downtown. My hotel is there.” I said.

Roan and Jared looked confused. “Why are you in a hotel?” Roan asked. I gulped. “Joe and I needed some space.” I mumbled. I knew that they were still confused, but they didn’t ask what happened and I was glad because of that.

We left the airport, going with the metro to my hotel. “I suggest that you both ask for a room.” I said. Jared nodded. “Mate, let’s do that.” I waited for them and after fifteen minutes, they were back. Both with a key.

“Uhm, I’ve room 534.” Jared said. “I’ve room 562.” Roan said. I nodded. “My room is on the top floor since I said there was a chance I would be here for a while.” I mumbled. They nodded.

I followed them to their rooms, the funny thing was that they were across from each other. “So, uhm. My room is 1014, just press the button T and you’ll get there. I’ve to do some things.” I said nervously.

I didn’t like being around Roan. Well, I did like it but I didn’t want to feel like this. I was ready, ready for my future with Joe and  then Roan came out of nowhere. He messed up my feelings and now I was paying the price for it.

I heard the ding of the elevator. The doors opened and grabbed my room key. I opened the door and grabbed my phone from the charger. No one had called me. Not even Jesse or Brianna.

Well, I guess it was time to tell Brianna what happened. I pressed call when I found her contact and waited. “Hallo?” I heard her ask.

“Bri, it’s me.” I mumbled. “Emma? Hoe gaat het?” She exclaimed. (Emma? How are you?) “Bri, I have to tell you something.” I muttered. “Okay.” Brianna said carefully. “Roan and Jared are here. They were here in November and now they are here again.” I whispered.

“Dear god. Je bedoelt dat je Roan hebt verteld dat je verliefd op hem bent?” Brianna asked. (Dear god. You mean that you told Roan you are in love with him?) “What, no. I couldn't do that. I never told him. I told Zoe and Joe heard and now I’m in a hotel.” I said and a tear rolled down my cheek.

“Emma, Emma, Emma. Waarom maak je er nou troep van? Je leven was perfect! Je was verloofd verdomme!” Brianna exclaimed angrily. (Emma, Emma, Emma. Why are you making such a mess? Your life was perfect. You were engaged, damn it!)

I cried harder. “Roan told me he loved me, I didn’t say it back, but I ran.” I whispered. “Nou, dat is dan wel een opluchting. Emma, denk goed na voor je iets doet. Dit is spelen met je toekomst.” Brianna said serious. (Well, that’s a relief. Emma, think about it before you do something. This is playing with your future.)