Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter 29

Emma’s POV

I looked at Joe, then back at the phone. “Dad, we’re in Amsterdam.” I said finally. “I don’t care. Just come back now.” Dad growled. “Okay, okay. I’ll see what I can do.” I mumbled.

I hung up and grabbed Joe’s hand. We rushed to the train station and we took the first train back.

“Em, am I in trouble?” Joe asked. “I’m not sure. I mean, my dad can’t forbid me to marry you. I’m an adult and it’s my life. Maybe we’re too young to marry right now, but I already know I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” I said and snuggled into Joe’s side.

When the train was in my hometown, I quickly called a taxi and the driver brought us home. I took a deep breath and opened the door from my house. My dad was already waiting. He didn’t look really happy, but also not that angry.

He motioned for us to follow him. I squeezed Joe’s hand and followed my dad to his office. My dad sat down behind his desk and me and Joe took two chairs. Dad looked us intensely.

“Did you really thought about it, Emma?” My dad asked. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Emma Aleisha Anna Smith.” My father said. I looked up angrily. He used my full name. He was mental.  

“You say it another time, Simon and I’m gone.” I said with a low voice. “Just answer my damn question!” My dad shouted. “Of course I thought about this. I love Joe. I love him and I know I want to spend my whole life with him.” I shouted back.

My father started to smile. He smiled, what the hell. “You.” My dad said, pointing at Joe. “Never hurt my little princess.” Joe immediately shook his head. “I would never do that. I love Emma more than life itself.” Joe said.

It was so sweet. I grabbed Joe’s hand and kissed the top. “I see.” My dad said. I looked up and saw tears in his eyes. “Aww, dad. Why are you crying?” I asked. “It’s just my little girl is growing up.” Dad mumbled.

I got up and hugged him. I understood, well. Not really, but I felt sorry for him. “As long as you’re on my wedding it’s alright. Dad.” I said. My dad smiled. “Of course, you’re my only daughter.” My dad said.

I kissed his cheek and said good night. I was pretty tired. Joe followed me to my room and we fell asleep quickly because this day had been exhausting.

“Can I see the ring?” Brianna asked eagerly. We had ordered our coffee and were now sitting at a table next to a window. I showed her the ring. It wasn’t something really special, but it was special for me.

“It’s so pretty. I love the deep green, it looks good with your skin tone and eyes.” Brianna said. Her eyes were glued to the stone. “Bri, I need to ask you something serious.” I said.