Chapter Forty-One

Chapter 41

Emma’s POV

“Do we really have to go?” I asked mumbling. “Yes, he’s your cousin. He counts on you.” Zoe hissed. I sighed. “Fine. Let’s go then.”

Roan and Jared had left. Already a few months ago. They promised to come back soon. I didn’t know what soon was for them, but I just got a text of Jared that told me that him and Roan would land on the airport tomorrow.

Just this wedding. I wasn’t in a wedding mood. After Roan told me he loved me, my brains were even more confused. Yes, I did love Joe. I also loved Roan. One thing I was glad about, was that Roan didn’t try to kiss me.

I didn’t tell him I loved him though. No, I kept my thought to myself. If Joe would find out, he would be broken. He would leave me, I would totally understand though. I just needed Joe right now. He had to help me with figuring out my feelings.

I knew I had to do this on my own, but I couldn't. I needed Joe, but I also needed Roan. I had missed Roan so much. I didn’t even know who I needed the most.

But right now, I was on the wedding of Marcus and Nora. I had to try to act normal, even though I didn’t feel normal. Joe knew something was up, but he stopped pushing. We didn’t really talk much, kiss much, hug much, no sex anymore.

I just couldn't. I couldn't do all those things with Roan in the back of my head. I knew I hurt Joe, but I just couldn't.

“Stop putting all that paint on my face.” I growled to Zoe. “Fine.” She snapped. Zoe and I had been through too much. We were really snappy and I knew it was my fault. “Does the princess wants her hair done or is it fine?” Zoe hissed.

I glared at her. “I think it’s fine, your Highness.” I shot back. I was so done with this. “Could you just try to not act so cocky today? This is not your day, but Nora’s and Marcus’ day.” Zoe snapped.

“It’s never about me!” I shouted. “You think that?” Zoe shouted back. “Well, yes!” I shouted. “You’re terrible!” Zoe shouted. Suddenly, I bursted out in tears. I don't really know why, maybe it was the fact she shouted at me.

“O god, Emma.” Zoe asked normal, not shouting anymore. “Emma, are you okay?” Zoe asked. She wrapped her arms around me. “Zoe, I have a confession to make.” I whispered. The door opened and Alfie stood there.

“Uhm, It’s going to start in a few minutes.” Alfie said. “What’s going on?” He asked. “Nothing. Tell Joe we will be there soon.” Zoe said. Alfie nodded and left. “What’s wrong Emma?” Zoe asked.

“Can I tell you later?” I whispered. Zoe nodded. “Let me fix your make-up real quick.” Zoe said. I just accepted it. “I’ll just put on some mascara and some lip gloss, is that fine?” I nodded, I was happy Zoe still wanted to look at me.

Zoe quickly fixed my make-up and then we went to our boyfriends. “You look beautiful.” Alfie said to Zoe. Zoe smiled and pecked Alfie’s cheek. Zoe looped her arm into Alfie’s.