Chapter Twenty-Two + Revealing The Winner!

dedicated to @LyrrysKid13 for making the trailer of Choices, you can find it in Chapter 21 and Contest(s)

Chapter 22

Emma’s POV

‘’No, are my eyes deceiving me?’’ A blonde girl asked. I had no idea who she was. ‘’Uhm, who are you?’’ I asked unsure. ‘’You don't recognize me?’’ The blonde asked. I shook my head.

‘’It’s me, Mare. From the exchange with school?’’ Mare said. ‘’Wait, you mean the one from three years back?’’ I asked disbelievingly. Mare shook her head. ‘’What on earth are you doing here?’’

‘’You know, holiday.’’ Mare answered. ‘’Aah, okay. So, how’s your family. Your parents still as nice and your brother still a pervert?’’ I asked jokingly. Mare smiled weakly.

‘’My parents divorced and yes, my brother is still a pervert. He’s here somewhere.’’ Mare said. ‘’I knew that ass when I saw it. Emma Smith.’’ That was Mare’s brother, Lee.

‘’Aah, I never missed you.’’ I said and I turned around. ‘’Good to see you Em.’’ Lee said. I hugged him and smiled. ‘’Good to see you both too.’’

‘’Who are all these people?’’ JC asked when he and Ricky came back with smoothies. ‘’Some friends.’’ I said. JC looked at Lee. ‘’Who’s he?’’ He asked. ‘’Like I said, a friend.’’ I replied.

‘’Emma, don't do stupid things now you and Joe have a fight.’’ Ricky warned me. ‘’Jeez, nothing happened. I just hugged him, like I would hug you or JC. Stop this!’’ I yelled. What was his problem.

‘’Em, it was so good to see you again. Call me.’’ Mare said. I hugged her and she and Lee left.

‘’Ricky, what the hell!’’ I shouted and hit him in the chest. ‘’Hey!’’ Ricky shouted. ‘’Guys, guys. Calm down. Let’s sit down and drink those smoothies.’’ JC said. We did as he said and we drank our smoothies.

‘’So, Emma. When are you going to call Joe?’’ JC asked. ‘’I don't know. I don't think he wants to talk to me anymore. I ran away. I ran away from him.’’ I mumbled. In the four days I had stayed in the hotel, I knew I overreacted. It was just his ex-girlfriend. I was so stupid.

‘’Hey, hey. Ssh. You didn’t do anything wrong. Come, let’s go. When we’re back at the hotel, you call Joe and ask him if you two can talk.’’ JC said and wrapped his arms around me.

We walked back to the car and drove back to the hotel. JC walked me back to my room. I opened the door, said goodbye and sat down on my bed.

I knew I had to call Joe. I picked my phone out of my pocket and dialled his number. I was nervous, what if he didn’t want to talk to me anymore?

‘’Emma, Emma is that you?’’ Joe’s voice sounded through my phone. ‘’Yes.’’ I mumbled. ‘’Em, I’m so sorry. Please, can we make it up?’’ Joe begged. ‘’Yes, that’s why I called.’’ I was still mumbling.