Chapter Thirty

dedicated to @SunCess, I can rely on her. She helped a lot, even when she didn't realize it. thank you

Chapter 30

Emma’s POV

I waited for Joe to come home. This was not okay. Hate was already floating in via twitter. Not that I really cared, I just ignored it.

I heard the door open and Joe walked in like nothing happened. “Hey babe.” He said and smiled. “Don’t ‘hey babe’ me.” I said angry. “What’s going on?” Joe asked suspiciously. “What’s going on? What’s going on!” I shouted.

“Joe everyone knows we’re engaged!” I shouted. Joe paled a little. “What?” I was so angry. “Yes, you filmed our hands in your vlog and everyone connected the dots. Did you see my twitter?” I shouted.

Joe pulled out his phone. “Aww, shit. I’m sorry babe. Do you want me to fix it?” Joe asked. “How the hell can you fix this?” I mumbled. “Let me send out a tweet. We’ve to make a video, telling the fans, showing them how happy we are. I can call Maisie.” Joe said quickly.

It all didn’t make sense. Why was this happening to me? Ugh. “Joe, it’s fine. I just-“ I was cut off by the doorbell. I went to open the door. What I didn’t expect was that someone pulled me into a massive groups hug.

“Can’t breathe.” I choked out. The girls let me go. Yes, I said girls. Alexis and Sara were standing in the doorpost. “Long time, no see.” Alexis said and smiled. Sara grabbed my hand.

“I told you it was true!” Sara exclaimed, showing Alexis my hand. “No chance left Jared.” Sara said teasingly. “Well, that sucks. Can I at least get a picture from you?” Jared’s voice asked. Where was that kid?

I looked and saw him sitting against our wall. “Do you like to come in?” I asked polite. “No, we were going to sit here. Of course we want to come in.” Sara said and rolled her eyes.

They followed me to the living room. “Joe, look who are here.” I said, causing Joe to look up. “Hey, what are you doing here?” Joe asked. Sara scoffed. “We’re here to visit our friends.” Alexis said.

“Not me, I’m here to check Emma out.” Jared said cheekily. “She’s not only taken, but also engaged.” I said while Sara slapped her brother’s head. “You’re so rude.” Sara complained.

“That’s what they like about me.” Jared said cheekily. Was this guy for real? I looked at Sara. She just rolled her eyes. “Jared, you’re irritating people.” Alexis said. “I don’t care. I’m not here to care about people, do you have coffee or something?” Jared asked.

“Jared, you play a video game or something.” Joe said. “Whatever.” Jared said and got up. Omg, I hated the guy right now. He was unbelievable. Jared started a video game and finally stopped with his rude remarks.

“I’m sorry for my brother. Lately he’s so, so rude. More than usual.” Sara whispered. Alexis nodded, agreeing with Sara. I frowned, something was wrong. I looked at Jared. He wasn’t shouting or something, most boys would be shouting at the television.