40K Special ~ Emma's Past/ My story

S P E C I A L

Emma’s Past

(I’m going to cry writing this, this is so personal)

Emma’s POV

“I don’t want to sit next to her.” Mila exclaimed. The words were harsh. Every time they rejected me, it hurt. I said nothing. Everyone would turn against me anyway. “It’s not her fault.” Tasha said.

Hmm,  nice Tasha. “It’s just, she’s a little noisy sometimes.” Ellie said. Well, duh. I have ADHD. “I told you, I was going to change.” I mumbled. “Well, if I sit next to you, I can’t concentrate.” Mila said.

The bell rang and I rushed away. It was so hard. I was stuck in this friend clique. They were my friends, it was just Mila. Mila and me didn’t went along really well. Every day I said something wrong, she would get mad or cry, I don’t know. It was not my fault!

The lesson started, the first lesson. Yes, we already at a disagreement before class even started. “I think we should talk about this.” Rachel mumbled.  “Yeah, me too.” Emilia said.

“I agree.” Tasha said. I didn’t say anything. No one ever listened to me. “Maybe.” I finally mumbled. “I think it would be better if we talked without you, otherwise they are going to blame you again.” Tasha said. So, they were going to talk with Mila and Ellie and I wasn’t allowed to be there?

Fine, have it their way. “Sure.” I whispered. We stopped talking because the lesson started. It was Dutch.  The next three hours Rachel, Emilia and Tasha were planning on talking to them. This always happened. Me not being really included into their talks. I kind of felt neglected.

“We are still going shopping today, right?” I asked Rachel to be sure. I was so happy I could come with them. I hadn’t done anything with them in over a month. Rachel nodded. “Yeah, after school.” She said.

“It’s break now, we will talk them. You okay with that?” Tasha asked. I nodded, like I said, there was not much I could do. The hardest part was that I didn’t really have other friends. I just sat next to someone I sometimes was with during lunch breaks.

The lunch break was over. They were still talking. It was something very serious. I saw them for a quick second before I walked to my last class. They were talking for almost the whole hour. They all entered the classroom when there were only ten minutes left.

They were all smiling at each other and I knew I had missed something. Something important. When Geography ended, we had English. I forgot about it. We kept sitting in our seats since the teacher would come to this classroom, something wrong with the schedule.

“I have a meeting to go to, you are all allowed to go.” The English teacher said before he quickly walked away. I looked up, Rachel was still in her seat.

“Are we still going shopping?” I asked to reassure.

“No.”

One word, two letters. It never hurt so much. Rejection. I looked across the room and saw the others laughing and smiling. More rejection. I felt tears filling my eyes. I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room.