Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter 36

Joe’s POV

People were reacting positive on the news of me and Emma being engaged. Fans had sent us letters with congratulations and they wanted autographs from Emma as well. Well, I also think it was because of her book, but you know what I mean.

The boys of the Janoskians were still here. One week before they would leave. They made their stay here a little longer since they enjoyed it being in London. We were now just sitting in a park. It was pretty cold, but we were laughing and we brought blankets.

“So, Stella said: Miss, stop. You can’t just do that here.” Emma said. The boys laughed. “So, Stella is mister Carter’s assistant, right?” Luke asked. “Yes, she’s really nice, but she’s not really the one of breaking rules.” Emma said grinning.

“She stopped you while you were singing, skateboarding and having a graffiti paint sprayer in your hands?” Skip asked. “Well, I was trying to skateboard, but I failed and fell flat on my back. It hurt though.” Emma said.

“That’s genius. Did you spray paint something there?” Jai asked. Emma grinned. “Yes, but they called the concierge and he painted it all white again. Not that I don’t have a picture.”

“Show us!” Beau demanded. “Why would I?” Emma asked and shrugged. “Because we want to?” Luke asked innocently. “Why’s that important for me?” Emma asked giggling.

“I can show you.” I said. Everyone looked at me. “Don't you dare.” Emma said to me. I pulled out my phone. “Why not? It was quite a nice art work. You can do something in our hallway if you want.” I said.

“No, it was ugly.” Emma said. “It wasn’t. Let me show them.” Emma put her head in her hands, but I saw her nod. “See.” I said as I showed the picture to the guys.  They started to laugh. “You spray painted this in the office of your publisher?” James asked. Emma nodded.

“Damn, you’ve got some balls!” Jai exclaimed. Emma blushed. “It’s ugly.” Emma mumbled. “No it isn’t. I wish you could do something like that in my room!” Luke said. Emma laughed. “Well, sucks to be you then. I’m not going to Australia anytime soon.” Emma said.

Emma had spray-painted the wall with some quotes from her book and she had painted a girl. She was bloody and her eyes were haunting. It was really good, but also scary.

“Where did you find that image?” Jai asked. “It was stuck in my head after Joe forced me to watch a horror movie with him.” Emma mumbled. The guys started to laugh again. “Well,  I regret it. Emma didn’t sleep for weeks. I’m glad she’s sleeps normal again.” I said.

“Dude, never watch a horror movie with someone who’s scared of them.” Skip said. “I know that know.” I said sourly. Emma pecked my cheek before she shivered. “Let’s get a coffee?” I suggested.

“Yeah, it’s so fucking cold!” Beau shouted.  “Beau, shut up!” Emma hissed. Beau looked at her with a blank face. “You can’t just curse here. I once did that and a police officer gave me a pay check.” Emma said.