Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter 34

Emma’s POV

“Em, I was wondering.” Joe started. I looked up. “Yeah?” I asked. “Do you want to pick a date for the wedding?” Joe asked. I was shocked. “What?” Joe looked disappointed. “If you don't want to, it’s fine too.” He muttered.

I wrapped my arms around him. “No, no. I want to, but I didn’t know you wanted to do it already.” I said. “All I know is that I want you to be mine, I don't care when or how.” Joe said.

“Joe, I’m already yours.” I mumbled. Joe smiled slightly. “I know that, I’m yours too. I just want to be able to call you my wife.”

I smiled. “Well, let’s do it when we’ve time enough.” I said. “Time enough?” Joe asked. “Yeah, I told you.” I said, but was cut off by the doorbell. “That Brianna was coming over. She’s here for a day since she had a job interview. She flights back tomorrow.” I said and went to open the door.

“Emma!” Brianna shouted and hugged me tightly. “How did the job interview go?” I asked hopeful. If Brianna would get the job, she would be here more often. “Honestly, it went crap. Can I talk Dutch to you?” Brianna asked.

I shrugged. “Sure, it’s just hard to talk Dutch back.” I said. Brianna grinned. “Perfect. Let’s go shopping!” She shouted. “Joe, call me when they are here!” I shouted before Brianna dragged me out of the door. “I’ll, love you!” Joe shouted.

“Who’s going to be here?” Brianna asked. “No one important for you.” I said. “Emmie! Zeg op!” Brianna demanded. (Emmie, tell me!) “No, it’s not important.” I said and shrugged.

“Jij kan zo stom doen soms.” Brianna said laughing. (You be so stupid sometimes.) “Well, you’re my best friend, not my mom. Thank god you’re not my mom. Than you would be a whore.” I said.

“Hey, that’s not nice!” Brianna exclaimed. “But it’s true.” I said and laughed.

Once we were in the street with all the shops. I just let Brianna drag me to every shop. I mean, I came here almost every month. I didn’t really care. I bought some stuff though, just because I liked it.

We were sitting on a terrace. “Ga je het me nog vertellen of niet?” Brianna whined. (Are you going to tell me or not?) Just at that moment, my phone rang. Joe. “Hello.”  I said.

“They’re here.” Joe said. “Omg, no way! I-I, I have to get home!” I said quickly. “Em, calm down. They all want is to taste your food, by the way. Marcus told them how good your food was. They’re here for two weeks. So, you don't have to cook today. You don't have to cook at all if you don't want to.” Joe rambled.

“No, no. I’ll do it. Some day.  Not today though. You know that Brianna is going to stay over too, right.” I said. “Yeah, yeah. The room is ready for her.” Joe said laughing. “Okay, we will come home now.” I said. I stood up, I was forgetting everything. Including Brianna.