Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35

Emma’s POV

“Open up that door!” James demanded. “Is it ready?” Skip shouted. I just laughed and turned my music louder. I was making one of my favourite dishes, without meat. I wanted to see how they reacted to that.

It was almost finished, but I wasn’t going to tell them. They could wait all they wanted. I grinned. I was done. Everything was done. “I’m going to open the door, but if any of you rush into the kitchen, I’m just going to eat this all alone.” I shouted.

“Give my Emma some space.” Joe said. I laughed and carefully opened the door. They were all standing in a line. “So, I want you.” I pointed to James and Skip, to place the plates on the table. “I want you.” I pointed to the twins. “To grab the cutlery and place it in the right order and I want you.” I looked at Beau. “To place the glasses on the table.”

They all immediately did as I asked. “I want you to fill a carafe with water please.” I said to Joe. Joe chuckled, grabbed my hand and pressed a kiss on it. He did as I asked and helped me with putting everything on the table.

Joe chuckled when he saw what I had made. “You better eat it, otherwise I’ll have to kill you.” I said jokingly. “Of course I’ll eat it, everything you make is a piece of heaven.” Joe said and kissed my cheek.

The boys sat on their seats. They had been here too often to question where they had to sit. “So, what is this?” Jai asked. I laughed. “I’m not going to tell you. Just eat it.” I said.

What I had made was one of my favourite dishes. It was pasta with my secret sauce, a salad with Tuna and bread on the side. It looked simple, but the sauce took me three hours to make it. Maybe the boys assumed there was meat in there because they all said they tasted chicken.

“I swear it’s chicken.” Beau said. Me and Joe started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” Beau asked. “Nothing, nothing.” Joe said and just continued eating my bread. After dinner was over, they looked at me.

“So, what did we eat? Something with chicken, right.” Luke said. I laughed again and shook my head. “Nope, no chicken.” I said. “I’m a vegetarian.” I said. They looked at me.

“No meat?” Skip asked surprised. “Nope, the only animal on the table was the tuna in the salad.” I said. “But we all tasted chicken!” Luke exclaimed.  I shook my head. “There was no chicken.” I said again.

“We ate pasta with my secret sauce, tuna salad and bread.” I said. “You were in the kitchen for hours, what could have possibly taken you so long.” James said confused. “That secret sauce, it took me three hours.” I said smirking.

“No.” Jai said surprised. “Yes, now. I hope you all enjoyed.” I said. “We did, don't worry.” Joe said and pecked my cheek.

“I still can’t believe it.” Beau said. I laughed. “I’m not going to tell you what was in the secret sauce. It’s a secret.” Everyone laughed. “Well, it’s time to Keek, I guess.” Beau said and pulled his phone out.