Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Emma’s POV

Three months had passed. Me and Joe were still going really well. The orchestra said that I doing really good and my friends were still awesome.

Today, it was Saturday. Joe asked me out for a cliché date. He wanted a cliché date. I don't know why, but I knew he had a plan.

I even bought a dress with Zoe and Louise. We spend our whole day in a boutique. I’m never going to do that again.

Zoe, Louise and Tanya insisted that they would do my hair. I don't know how Tanya heard. I think because of Zoe and Louise.

So, that was what was happening right now. Louise was doing my nails, Zoe was doing my hair and Tanya was doing my make-up. I felt like a dress-up doll. They said I had to be quiet and just had to listen to the music.

So, after what felt like hours and I don't think I’m wrong about that, they were finally done. I already had my dress on and Louise gave me some heels. I don't like heels, but I didn’t want to say that.

I looked in the mirror and just stared. That wasn’t me. I waved, the girl waved too. Okay, it was me. I turned around and looked at my friends.

‘’Thank you so much.’’

They laughed and they pulled me in a groups hug. There was a knock on the door and then the door swung open.

Marcus and Caspar were just standing there. The girls released me and we all looked at the two boys.

‘’Uhm. Hi?’’ Caspar said. We all laughed. ‘’Wow, Em.  The girls did a good job. Joe better keep his hands to his self.’’ Marcus said in an attempt to be protective.

We all cracked up. Marcus sounded like an idiot. My ringtone went off. I picked my phone up from my nightstand and answered it.

‘’Hallo.’’ I said. ‘’Emma, ik, ik heb een probleem.’’ Jesse said. (Emma, I, I have a problem.) ‘’Okay, kom maar op.’’ I said. (okay, tell me) ‘’Ik, ik vind een meisje leuk en ik weet niet wat ik moet doen.’’ Jesse mumbled. (I, I like a girl and I don't know what to do)

It was so sweet he called me. ‘’Jesse, je hoeft je geen zorgen te maken. Geef haar een paar complimenten en vraag haar om een ijsje te gaan eten. Als het goed gaat, kunnen jullie altijd vaker nog afspreken.’’ I said smiling. (Jesse, you don't have to worry. Give her some compliments and ask her to go eat some ice cream with you. If it goes well, you can always ask her out more times.)

‘’Je wilt dat ik haar meevraag om ijs te eten? Ik ben 15, geen 10.’’ Jesse said. (you want me to ask her to go eat ice cream with me? I’m 15, not 10.)

I laughed. ‘’Nou, vraag haar dan om een kop koffie te gaan drinken of zo. Jesse, ik moet zo gaan.’’ I told my brother. (well, ask her to drink a cup of coffee or something. Jesse, I’ve to go in a few minutes.)