Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

Emma’s POV

“Joe, I know it’s fine. Look.” I said irritated. “Baby, I just don't want you to get hurt.” Joe said softly. “It’s been almost a month. I think I can start writing again.” I said. “Babe, we both know that two weeks is not almost a month, but okay. If you want to write, go ahead.” Joe said.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. He was so supportive. It was good that Joe was my boyfriend. I loved him, he loved me. I hoped we would get married some day.

I started up the computer and opened the document with my story. It was hard writing about it, but I knew it was good for me.

I met Janice in my third year of cello. She was new and my old teacher said I should go to her. Janice and I were great at the start. She knows almost everything about me. She knew how I felt because of the style I was playing.

She always told me to continue, when it was hard she would tell me not to give up. When I played the music with no emotions, she would tell me something that would reach me. In my eyes, she’s one of the best teachers in the world. Without her, I wouldn’t be where I am now.

“Em, let’s eat out.” Joe said. I looked at him. what time was it? “It’s eight thirty PM. I’m hungry.” Joe said. I rolled my eyes. “Sure, let’s go.” I said. Joe took me to a little dinner. It was cute.

After dinner, Joe brought you to his car. The ride home was quiet. “What are you thinking about?” I asked out of the blue. Joe blushed a little. “Well?” I asked. “I was thinking of the day we would be married and have kids.” Joe mumbled.

I looked at Joe. “You aren’t kidding, are you?” I asked unsure. “Why would I joke about this?” Joe said seriously. “You want to marry me?” I asked surprised. “Yes, of course. I never want to leave you.” Joe replied.

I thought about it. I never thought about it, being forever with Joe. Did I want that? Yes of course I wanted that. I was only nineteen, almost twenty and I already knew I wanted to stay with Joe.

“One day Joe, one day you’ll see my walking down the aisle.” I said. Joe grinned. “Is this your way of telling me you want to marry me?” Joe asked. “Yes, but not now. I’m still nineteen. We have a whole life together. It doesn't matter when we will be engaged. I mean, we know we will stay together.” Joe grinned.

“You’re so right. Em, I love you.” Joe said.

“You know I love you too.”

“Cas!”  I exclaimed. “Em! What are you going to cook?” Caspar asked. I had invited everyone here so I could cook for them. Joe had forbidden me to cook until the month was over, so now the month was over, I wanted to cook.